Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #1

Camera screen acting up

Not sure what's going on. We are on a trip. Started up the MH, checked the lights and noticed the screen for the camera was on and showing the back of the MH. Now screen won't turn on if we use turn signals. Have to leave it on permanently if we want to use it and manually switch to left and right. Any thoughts as to why this is suddenly happening?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app
Lvnlife1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #2

Key had to be on. Then I turned on monitor. That's how mine has worked in the past.
k3wtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #3
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnlife1973 View Post
Not sure what's going on. We are on a trip. Started up the MH, checked the lights and noticed the screen for the camera was on and showing the back of the MH. Now screen won't turn on if we use turn signals. Have to leave it on permanently if we want to use it and manually switch to left and right. Any thoughts as to why this is suddenly happening?

Check all the outside bulbs of your turn signals. A burned out bulb can cause this.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #4

Good to know that a burnt bulb can cause that. I have to admit I never use the side cameras. I would have traded the two side cameras for a rear camera with a wider angle or one with pan/tilt.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #5

Mine has gone completely blank several times. But turning the ignition key off (when stopped of course) resets it.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
Mine has gone completely blank several times. But turning the ignition key off (when stopped of course) resets it.
We'll see if that's the case when we leave tomorrow!

Old 03-29-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
Tinkerer and Putterer

Will a burnt bulb also prevent the camera from turning on to show the rear of the vehicle when the vehicle isn't in reverse? My camera works normally, I just can't turn it on manually to view the back / check the tow vehicle.
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #8

I have never liked the turn cameras. The backup camera letting me know my jeep is still attached is ok but the left\right have never been worth the trouble. They are either blurry or flaky and the screen isnt in a place that is really useful. I have a 335ds.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
I have never liked the turn cameras. The backup camera letting me know my jeep is still attached is ok but the left\right have never been worth the trouble. They are either blurry or flaky and the screen isnt in a place that is really useful. I have a 335ds.
We must have the newer cameras because they are very clear and crisp. I think they are installing the HD cameras from now on.

I like the mirrors on our coach, they basically get rid of 99.9 % of the blind spots. The only area that the mirrors can't see is if one of those little Fiat Poop cars sits on the passenger side toward the front of the coach ahead of the mirror. I'm constantly scanning the mirrors and thank God I knew there was one of those lingering in that spot or I would have hit it.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #10

Well, not sure what's going on. Bulbs are all fine. Took out of the RV park and screen was working. 5 minutes later it wasn't. After stopping at the gas station about 4 hours later, it started working again and it continued working until we got home. I think there's a short in our wiring...do have an issue with a busted trailer plug, that's probably it? But all the other tips were very helpful for the future and education.