Old 02-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #21

Anywhere it will fits. We no longer have cats but we do have two Chihuahuas and they are both litter trained. I do suggest to place a piece of plastic runner under and in front of the box if the box is place on a carpet surface, this just in case they step in something in the litter box, it falls off of there paws right in the front of the box in most cases. The plastic makes it easyer to clean up. This is not to say that people should leave the box dirty but if you are away for a few hour who knows what can happen........This has worked for us.....Just a thought.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #22

What is the feasibility of putting some kind of trap door in the wall or floor somewhere in the MH (secure enough to keep out the hot air / cold air / bugs, etc.), giving your pet access to a small cage connected under or beside the MH? You could keep the litter box in the cage (no more smelly mess inside, ever), and give your pet a taste of life outside the MH, no supervision required.

Just thinking outside the box..... get it?!?!

Seriously, for you engineers out there.... is this a do-able thing? Might make some pets, and pet mamas and papas, very happy.

JJB

Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoBird
What is the feasibility of putting some kind of trap door in the wall or floor somewhere in the MH (secure enough to keep out the hot air / cold air / bugs, etc.), giving your pet access to a small cage connected under or beside the MH? You could keep the litter box in the cage (no more smelly mess inside, ever), and give your pet a taste of life outside the MH, no supervision required.

Just thinking outside the box..... get it?!?!

Seriously, for you engineers out there.... is this a do-able thing? Might make some pets, and pet mamas and papas, very happy.

JJB
Biggest problem is the first step is quite a distance to the ground! I installed a laundry chute from the locker in the toilet room to a mesh bag. I can tell you the floor is 5" thick and not too many places you can penetate. Problem again is the vertical height, unless they can climb knotted ropes!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #24

We have a toy hauler with the front bed and there is a small open storage area under the bed and we can shove it in there and it doesn't move even during transportation and its always out of the way.

And here is a pic of our cat. She loves to go camping. Roxy.
Attached Images

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #25

we have a stuffed cougar that travels with us........... best behaved feline I have ever owned!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Biggest problem is the first step is quite a distance to the ground! I installed a laundry chute from the locker in the toilet room to a mesh bag. I can tell you the floor is 5" thick and not too many places you can penetate. Problem again is the vertical height, unless they can climb knotted ropes!
Here's what I was thinking.... a cage like the one in the attached pic, sitting on the ground at the back of the MH. On the 378, this is the back bedroom wall. Have a trap door in that wall just above the floor, with a tube or some kind of walkway long enough to reach the cage. The walkway is attached to the cage, with a hole cut in the cage for entry. Shelves are mounted in the cage for access to the ground and back up.

I think this is do-able. My question is, what's involved in cutting the hole in the wall of the MH? I have neither the tools nor the know-how to do it. Would a RV dealer do something like this? It doesn't seem like it would be much different from putting in a dryer vent, just a little bigger.

Comments? Suggestions? Thanks.

JJB

PS - pic is from a cat cage website... not me in the pic. I'm a dude, y'all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cat cage.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	22595