Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #21

We used the glue that a previous post suggested. We got the heavy duty stuff from Home Depot. We sprayed the ceiling in the front of the cab (driver/shotgun areas). So far, the glue seems to be holding.

We followed the suggestion to prop up support under the ceiling after spraying the glue. This really seems to have helped resolve the problem.

We have other areas in the ceiling throughout the rig where we can tell the ceiling is sagging. The saving grace for these areas is that FR screwed in speakers, lights, etc., which seem to be strategically located to hold up the ceiling.

The sagging is there, but not terribly noticeable.

We understand that we are not the "original" owners of the 2011 Georgetown RV. We're the second owners. I think I better understand "why" the "original" owners sold.

The staff at FR (Georgetown) are as helpful as tits on a moose!!! They built the coach. They are just not willing to stand behind their own product.

As I mentioned in a reply to another post, I plan to write to Warren Buffett and share our story with him. He's an honorable and honest person. I'll tell him that we cannot say the same thing for employees of FR, which is one of his companies.

With a little luck....people in Georgetown Parts & Service may find an interesting career somewhere beyond FR..
ricklillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklillie View Post
We used the glue that a previous post suggested. We got the heavy duty stuff from Home Depot. We sprayed the ceiling in the front of the cab (driver/shotgun areas). So far, the glue seems to be holding.

We followed the suggestion to prop up support under the ceiling after spraying the glue. This really seems to have helped resolve the problem.

We have other areas in the ceiling throughout the rig where we can tell the ceiling is sagging. The saving grace for these areas is that FR screwed in speakers, lights, etc., which seem to be strategically located to hold up the ceiling.

The sagging is there, but not terribly noticeable.

We understand that we are not the "original" owners of the 2011 Georgetown RV. We're the second owners. I think I better understand "why" the "original" owners sold.

The staff at FR (Georgetown) are as helpful as tits on a moose!!! They built the coach. They are just not willing to stand behind their own product.

As I mentioned in a reply to another post, I plan to write to Warren Buffett and share our story with him. He's an honorable and honest person. I'll tell him that we cannot say the same thing for employees of FR, which is one of his companies.

With a little luck....people in Georgetown Parts & Service may find an interesting career somewhere beyond FR..

Great Post!!
I have the same feeling
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:16 PM   #23

Ceiling cover sagging and coming loose in front section of rig

Just out of curiosity those with ceiling problems is you MH outside most of the year? I have a 2011 GT 378 and it is kept in a storage unit probably 11 months out of the year - unfortunately. So far the ceiling is fine. The unit has only 10,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
buddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:06 AM   #24

My MH sits in my side yard, I have a 50amp service there, so it is always plugged in and the air conditioners are on the highest setting so it is always comfy in there. We try to go for week at a time every month if we can get into the campground, snowbirds are coming so after thanksgiving getting a slot is next to impossible. What really gripes me is it's a county park, and me and a lot of others who pay taxes to support the park are shut out.
tetsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:23 AM   #25

how to change email address?
Old 11-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogman View Post
Our 2011 337DS came unglued. The only bad section was the front one--all the others had vents,speakers etc. After looking at various forum solutions, and figuring we were 2nd owners, I got some Loctite Spray Adhesive from Home Depot and used it liberally as per the directions. I got some heavy foam and a length of plywood and jammed that up on the ceiling panel with a 2 x 4 as a prop and left it for a week. So far, in two years, the ceiling is still up and looks like original. Total cost -- about $10.00

My wife and I just did ours the same as you, we bought some Loctite spray adhesive and applied it the same as you, we propped it up just like you did. Now, we wait. We are heading to Long Point Park on the 16th, hoping it will be done by then, thanks for your post, $10.00 is about right.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #27

Just fixed sagging ceiling using 3M 80 headliner spray. Took about 2 hours to do entire coach. Don't remove plastic strips. Pull vinyl out. Spray generously and use rubber trim tool to fold back under trim. Send pm if you want more details. Cost $20.
58sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #28

How was the smell from the adhesive? What is the tool you reference?

2010 Georgetown 337 DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MarkAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #29

I have a ceiling prob in my geo_town xl 375ts was ROOF LEAK test the area for softness ck roof also I think FR uses LAUN quarter or less for ceiling will know more when shop removes and replaces cabinets due to Leak
glenn56h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn56h View Post
I have a ceiling prob in my geo_town xl 375ts was ROOF LEAK test the area for softness ck roof also I think FR uses LAUN quarter or less for ceiling will know more when shop removes and replaces cabinets due to Leak
Be rest assured the Luan is probably 1/8 or less, must leave some weight for cargo and passengers!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #31

checked with nieghbor who has older Tiffin he told me quarter inch ?

Guess that is why OLD TV (65 lbs) almost fell down

has anyone had to repair cabinets over driver passanger?
How big a job is it ? and can I now use1/4 marine ply?

Appreciate all the help I can get

Thank You
Glenn
Old 01-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #32

You have a roof leak, I have the same model, started out headliner sagging then started smelling musty , then the water started pouring in, Forest river put a new roof on it, about a year an a half ago, took about 3 short trips in it mostly just sat, Just go back from Fla, an now we have mold in the ceiling , So much for the new roof
Camp jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #33

We also have a 2010 George Town, we were told that the glue they were using was defected, and the factory did reglue the ceiling, but their was a issue with the roof, if you have not been on your roof checking your seals you need to do this imminently, my husband recently applied eternabond to the seams, look into this product.
Big George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #34

spent days on roof put over 15 tubes of sealant and still get a little water
thanks for advice regarding a new roof why not just replace liner with
formica, fastened to supports glued to wood liner??? or something similar
like in a sailboat
Old 01-20-2015, 03:59 PM   #35

my brother told me that he uses something called 5200 sealant on his sailboat
and it is water tight even in rough seas BUT you will have the Darndest time ever seperateing the materials worth considering???
Old 01-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #36

Look up eternabond www.eternabond.com so far it is working great, it has been through snow, and rain.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #37

Please look into eternabond for your roof, and with a George Town expect constant problems, I am also surprised, but we still experience constant issues, Does anyone have Berkshire would love to know if they have lots of issues?
Old 02-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #38

I saw on a for sale site a 05 375 gtown that had the fabric replaced with paneling or formica ??? to match the wood floors looked real nice anyone consider this
or have any idea what the cost could be I have a little water damage and dont want to replace the soft fabric with insulation under

Tags
cover