Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #1

Ceiling drooping

Over the last 2years the white vinyl ceiling pannels have been seperating from the foam backing. I could with my hand push the vinyl back, and it would kinda stick. Last week while camping some of the vinyl because its drooping so much, pulled out from under the plastic trim pcs.that connects each pannel. Now the ceiling really looks like crap. It never ends, so many problems with my 2011 Georgetown, with only 19,000 miles. Makes me want to quit camping and stay at a motel. If anyone has any info please help me.
campingPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:29 AM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Same problem on almost every panel, but it hasn't pulled out of the trim pieces yet. FR wouldn't help me other than providing the new plastic trim pieces. The said pull out the trim pieces, cut one end of the ceiling fabric along the wall without a cabinet, clean, re glue and CAREFULLY reattach the fabric so it lines up and is straight. They said there are a few places where I would need to remove the cabinet which I see. Small trim pieces can be used to cover up along the edge of the ceiling where you cut the fabric.

Haven't tackled it yet, but I'm going to have to. I keep telling myself I can do it!!! Then I have a nightmare. Oh well, if I totally screw it up the dealer said its $6000 for a whole new ceiling and he recommended a solid (hard) ceiling because the foam backing will ALWAYS be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the info on the ceiling I was afraid that's what I was going to have to do my next question is how easy is it to remove the plastic trim pieces that go between the panels
Old 09-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Forest River said it will probably ruin them. They push in with one way friction locks so you have to pull hard to get them out. FR said they'd send me new ones for "free".

Old 09-05-2015, 08:57 PM   #5

Do you have a contact person that you called to find out about the free trim pieces I would really appreciate if you could give me that info you been a big help so far
Old 09-06-2015, 06:02 AM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Travis Bird
(574) 206-7635

Hopefully he'll cover the whole repair!! You may need to call him several times to get a response. He'll need the last 8 digits of your VIN so have it ready. I hope it all works out well. I will be tackling mine after this camping season.

Tags
roo