Old 07-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #31

At a recent RV show in Quartzite, I saw new Georgetowns and was fairly impressed. Not sure how the roofs are on these. The rails are on top of the roof, outside, running the length of the coach near the edge, but covered with caulking. The ceiling problem according to FR is a bad batch of glue. Had I foresight, I should have bought the Tiffin, Winnebago or Fleetwood product. The Georgetown is on a great chassis, rides great; swing our compartments or nice but in addition to roof concerns, the interior has some cheesy carpet, and QC issues. We already replaced the mattress and sofa/bed. After 2.5 yrs, the value plummeted nearly 50 thousand dollars per NADA. Good luck.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #32

sagging ceiling

I to have a 2010 Georgetown 350TS and have noticed ceiling sagging in several places. Who do I contact at FR?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #33

Forest River motor home division, warranty, April Connor. Email is a aconner@forestriverinc.com
Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #34

ceiling headliner unglooing

Anybody in the Norfolk, Virginia area had or having this problem with ceiling? April at FR wanted me to get an estimate, but can't find anyone that will touch it. They say panels need to be replaced. Anyway, trying to contact my dealer and no luck hearing from them yet. What a mess with an expensive motorhome falling apart already
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #35

Has anyone heard of a recall for the Forest River Georgetown motorhome with the ceiling headliner coming unglued?
Old 07-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by garytenorsinger View Post
Has anyone heard of a recall for the Forest River Georgetown motorhome with the ceiling headliner coming unglued?
You might consider taking it to FR factory in Elkhart, Indiana. They will fix that and anything else wrong... Tried to trade it in after 2 yrs and they offered my 50k less than what I owe. I now have a stoic acceptance of what must be done with this coach, ie, fix it, fix it and fix it until paying it down. Good luck. Matt
Old 07-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #37

I've sent an email asking if bringing motorhome to FR was an option. I would make that trip. My dealer has had several issues with ceiling problems and they will contact me Monday. My problem is no warranty, but FR still should make good fixing the ceiling. Thanks. Gary
Old 07-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #38

Gary, I live in Chesapeake and have the same problem with my 2011 337DS .I bought used so unless there's a recall I'm probably SOL. So far it is not a problem except over the driver area where there are no speakers or vents to hold it up. As a temporary fix I went to Home Depot and bought a can of Loctite spray glue (label says its good for wood and foam) and sprayed the areas that were reachable. I held up the roof liner with a sheet of foam and 1x batterns and 2x4's and left them for a week. That was 3 weeks ago and its still holding tight after a trip to New Jersey. The rest of the coach is unglooed but there's enough stuff up on the ceiling to keep it from falling down.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #39

Thanks for the reply John. I'm still trying to get the dealer to fix or take motorhome to the factory for FR to fix. Can't find any repair facilities here that will attempt the repair. Last person I talked with said panels need replaced. I'm working hard to have FR fix.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #40

Ceiling Headliner ungluing

Just returned from a 4 hour trip to my Georgetown dealer to have them inspect and estimate the repair of my ceiling coming unglued. The estimate is a whopping $5372.75. Hoping Forest River will keep their mission motto: to help all their customers enjoy their RV experience to the fullest. This is Forest Rivers mess!