Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #41

Is there anybody else to contact besides April at Forest River that can help with my ceiling repair problem if Forest River won't fix?
garytenorsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #42
Pete

You might try "sneaking" in the back door and go directly to Dan Evans (Warranty Service/shop Manager), or Rick Black (warranty shop foreman). I've had two other GT's; don't know if that made a difference. But on this one (2010) I sent a certified letter to Peter Leigl after the second ceiling fix didn't work.It was handed down line, but got results. I went to the factory and they did replace the panels. It was done right!
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #43

That,s a little high, J&L does it for less, but they are in Fontana, CA. FR may only cover 4k. Good luck
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #44

MattM, The dealer is still working to get the repair right. I guess that's why the high estimate. They have to cut all my ceiling panels out to re-glue and then install crown molding. What a job and mess.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #45

Just heard from Forest River. Gave me two options: they will pay half the fix at the dealer or I can take it to Forest River for them to repair (no charge). I turned down paying half at the dealer. Waiting for reply on taking motorhome there.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #46

Wanted to report that I took my 2010 Georgetown 350 to Forest River, Elkhart, IN. on 10/18/2013. They are going to replace my entire roof and fix some of the small issues. Not sure how long they will have motorhome. They were very nice when we arrived. They are driving my motorhome back to me when finished.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #47

My 2011 378 is going to be fixed by Lazydays but Forest river is only going to cover 20 hours. Guess I'm going to have to have a talk with Elkhart.
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #48

My 2011 350 is at the factory for the 2nd time in less than 2 years. Headliner also came unglued as other have mentioned. Dan Evans is the man to speak with to get results. I can't say that I would buy another Georgetown; but the company has been responsive.
powellmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #49

Both times for roof/ceiling?
Old 10-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #50

MattM - No, this is the first for the roof/ceiling. The first time was a long list of items such as; leveling system, AC unit dead, camera cycling between views on it's own, both tv's in bunks dead(3 times) Fridge not cooling, oven would not light, power steps failed to retract and lots of smaller issues like trim falling off and headboard loose. Much longer list, but you get the ideal. I've had multiple campers and other motor homes, so I don't have unrealistic expectations. But for a brand new coach, it has been very disappointing.
powellmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #51

I've had problems with the fridge temp shooting up during the first few days of travel. Had an RV repair pull it to find the vent not over the back of the fridge and the ceiling trapping hot air. He lowered the ceiling to specs and installed an additional fan near coils but on our first trip out, the temp went up to 45 for 2 days. Should have bought a Tiffin or another Fleetwood product. Tried trading it in at year 2 then last Dec and the NADA values put us 30k under what I owe. I can't see losing 50k in 3 yrs so I have my fingers crossed that the roof will last 20 and the other Chinese made stuff will hold out too. Matt
Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #52

Matt I would look inside the refrigerator and find your thermostat sensor.
It is a white colored plastic solid round device attached to the fins.
You can control temp by moving this forward or back. Not sure which direction but this is the actual control of your refrigerator temp.

Maybe someone can tell you more. Dometic Refrigerators are installed in all rigs so we all have similar refers.
Here is a picture of mine but I have a 4 door Dometic. The smaller ones have it mounted on the back fins.
Also not you must keep it clear so you have circulation around and not blocked.
Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	42123  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #53
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Iggy on mine, you slide the thermistor UP for cooler and DOWN for warmer. Takes awhile after moving to see the results. It is located on the far right fin.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #54

Gigs, I have the same type as in your photo. Can you be a little more specific as howmI move it up or down? It's clipped in the holder. Do I move it slightly forward or back a quarter inch in that clip? M
Old 12-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #55

ceiling coming unglooed

Just had my ceiling replaced by B and E rv service in Ocalla Florida. I haven't picked up the coach yet but my cost to fix this factory defect is going to be 1134 dollars. It's amasing how some people paid nothing and others paid different amounts to get this same factory defect repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	44322  
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Iggy on mine, you slide the thermistor UP for cooler and DOWN for warmer. Takes awhile after moving to see the results. It is located on the far right fin.
We had nothing but problems with our Dometic refer on our TT. It was a 2010 trailer and within a couple of years we had it serviced several times. The last time it broke, the thermostat (thermistor) broke and it forced the refer to go on rampid full time cold and it finally shut down ruining all of our food. We ended up replacing the thermostat with a rotary type that fixed all temperature issues. IIRC, I got the kit form ebay or something and it was very easy to install. It was basically a tiny adjustable resistor that was calibrated to match the resistance range of the refer. Having lost so much food or having hot beers when we got somewhere...we were very happy to find a residential fridge in our new coach.