Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
Thanks Iggy, I am in New England now but when I get home, I am ordering. I haven't checked all the lights but are all the same bulb, over bed, and over counters and couch?
I checked all of mine and they are all G4 20 watt bulbs 12 volt DC.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I have tried very hard to get the glass off of a ceiling light and just can not get it off.
I even had it out of the ceiling and could still not get it apart. Did any of you find any other way to get it apart with out cutting the wires and taking it right down? I would like replace the bulbs with led's. I have replaced bulbs in the bedroom and over the couch and have not had a problem with them but I can't get the kitchen lights apart.

Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #13

I have become hooked on Amazon Prime. Anything you need in 2 days. They have the G4 LEDs like pictured above for $7.25, free 2 day shipping if prime member.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #14

Falcon35, if you have the one in early photo in ceiling, you may have to pull fixture down about 1.5 inches and putting your thumb and forefinger around the fixture above the silver ring hold tight and twist counter clockwise on the glass and it will unscrew, then just unplug the hot light and put the new led in, caution depends but I found by trial and error that I needed warm white, the bright white hurts the eyes.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #15

I have had the same issue, can't unscrew the cover have to take out the completely assembly to unscrew the lens. Pain in the azz cuz it make a mess.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #16

I finally got the lens off after taking the light down. I had to take the ring off of the fixture and then take the lens off of the ring. I went to the local rv supply and they did have a led to fit but could not tell me it's light output. It was $25.95 + tax. I bought a two pack of halogen bulbs for $6.60 + tax and will watch for some led's at a better price.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 02-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #17

How the heck did you guys get them out of their mount when they are flush mounted? I had the same problem when I just got the rig and had to have the dealer change the stupid bulb. I too would like to switch over to LED. Bulbs in there now suck to much energy when not on shore power, not to mention how hot they burn too.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
How the heck did you guys get them out of their mount when they are flush mounted? I had the same problem when I just got the rig and had to have the dealer change the stupid bulb. I too would like to switch over to LED. Bulbs in there now suck to much energy when not on shore power, not to mention how hot they burn too.
I had to pull it down by getting my finger nails under the metal ring and pull it down then I held the fixture with one hand and twisted the ring off the fixture. Only then could I get the glass lens off so I could get at the bulb. I think ours must be tighter then most.
Protect-A-Tow
Old 03-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #19

sherman12 You have to pull the silver ring down put your fingers between the ring and the ceiling once it starts coming down it will be the complete assembly there are 2 springs that hold the light up in the ceiling. Always have to take it completely down to change bulbs.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #20

Thanks Falcon and ramair! As I previously posted when a bulb blew in the light over the kitchen counter I had the dealer replace the bulb. Last fall that lens fell off (dealer probably didn't want to tighten as tight) and cracked. I taped it together with plans on replacing this season. Has anyone tried to buy replacement lens for their lights and if so where? Thanks in advance folks!!

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote