Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
2011 GEORGETOWN 2011 329

Send a message via Skype™ to bdmartin123
Ceilling fan

HAS ANYONE INSTALLED A 12 VOLT CEILLING FAN IN THE BEDROOM OF THERE GEORGETOWN MOTORHOME BY THEM SELF OR HAD IT INSTALLED.
I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE A 12 VOLT WIRE MIGHT BE IN THE CEILLING.APPRICATE ANY INFO. HAPPY MOTORING EVERYONE

BOB
bdmartin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Is there not a 12v light in the ceiling?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmartin123 View Post
HAS ANYONE INSTALLED A 12 VOLT CEILLING FAN IN THE BEDROOM OF THERE GEORGETOWN MOTORHOME BY THEM SELF OR HAD IT INSTALLED.
I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE A 12 VOLT WIRE MIGHT BE IN THE CEILLING.APPRICATE ANY INFO. HAPPY MOTORING EVERYONE

BOB
Just an observation. "All caps" is "shouting" in forum etiquette.
While there is a time and a place for "shouting;"
"All caps" is also hard to read.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #4

there is not enough clearence for an overhead fan in the georgetown bedroom. the slide would interfere with it when retracted. a portable fan that is installed and removed is a possibility but a real pain in the butt. turn on your rear ac or do what we do when we don't want to hear it, turn on the front ac and close most of the front vents so it blows more air in the bedroom area, we can feel ours in that mode and it does a good job.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

not even a low profile like this ? LASALLE BRISTOL DC1242WH - Lasalle Bristol Ceiling Fan 12v 42in White DC1242WH - RV Plus
6 inches off the ceiling .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #6

That's a pretty nice find. Neat fan. I'd have to measure to see if it would fit over my bed or not. I think that it would.

There should be 12v in the celing for the 12v light. At least there are 12v lights on the celing in mine. The whole celing is made out of a wooden board and above that is several inches of styrofoam. When I added another 12v light to the bedroom I was able to drill a fairly large hole in the wooden board that the light would later cover. Then I was able to push a stiff fiberglass fish tape through the Styrofoam. It wasn't easy and it made a mess but it was doable. Then I pulled a wire back through with the fish tape. After all that's what fish tapes are made for.

Alternately you could use stick-on wire channel. Also known as wiremold.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #7

Ceiling fans are as good for moving the hot air away from the ceiling and keeping the place warm as they are for keeping you cool.

If you're trying to stay cool there is another option when you're sleeping.

Hopefully you have fantastic vent fans in your coach. If not they're one of the best upgrades you can make and they don't cost that much. What you do is open the vents, turn on the vent fans sucking air out. Close all the windows and the door. This creates a vacuum in your coach. Then open the window over your bed, only open it a few inches. As the fantastic fans suck the air from your coach air will be forced in the only open window above your bed. Because the window isn't open very far the air has to rush in quickly. It creates a nice cooling breeze of cooler outside night air across the bed. I've used this on lots of summer nights when I didn't have hook ups so I couldn't run the AC.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #8

I'm on a roll ... here's another option for staying cool. One of these new squirrel cage stand fans. It's tall enough to sit on the floor and blow air across your bed. But unlike normal pedestal fans it's pretty easy to collapse down and stick into an outside compartment or the closet when you don't need it.

They're 110v so you'll have to run them on an inverter, but even a small inverter should run one just fine.
www.amazon.com/Lasko-52-Oscillating-Pedestal-Fan/dp/B000RMJANY/

Also Fantastic Vent Fans makes a 12v fan but you'd have to rig up some kind of mount for it to get it to blow on the bed.
FanTastic Vent - Product - Endless Breeze
Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
Villa Estate 392FLFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
not even a low profile like this ? LASALLE BRISTOL DC1242WH - Lasalle Bristol Ceiling Fan 12v 42in White DC1242WH - RV Plus
6 inches off the ceiling .

I have the wood grain version of that in the living room of my TT. its not bad, moves lots of air but not very slow. its lasted 2 years of use now. only thing ive had go bad was the switch but dealer replaced it.

Tags
fan