Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2017, 08:39 AM   #1

Central Vacuum

I have a 2017 377TS. I am curious if anyone has a central vacuum system installed and if so where is it installed at. I am thinking about adding one but can't decide where to install it.
adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #2

We installed the Dirt Devil from Amazon. In our Georgetown 328 under the bench in dinette. Works great it's in a central location in mh. We have 2 collies alot of hair. Lol!! Husband installed the hole for hooking up hose in the sidewall of seat dinette. Motor and vac under seat just raise up also storage for hose and tools. We still have storage under there for other items. Did not install vent as we leave seat up while using. Hope this helps. Any questions please ask.
Donamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #3

I never thought of placing it there. That is a good place. If you should happen to have a pic I would like to see it.
Thanks again for the idea.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:12 PM   #4

Hope picture is attached. Unit was installed under the seat with the hose access on the end. A couple of sheets of paneling or partitions were added in order to continue using it for storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171110_192818673.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	156197  
Old 11-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #5

Thanks so much for the pic. I'm going to take a look at mine and see what I can do. I have a drawer under each bench seat but they only take up about half the space. Thanks again Donamac.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #6

Your welcome. Good luck.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #7

Do your homework before you go through the trouble of installing one. Our Cedar Creek came with one and we hate it. You get worn out dragging that stretchy hose around. Too much tension on it. Also has a lot of clumsy junk to store. Our stuff is in a box in our garage at home and will stay there. We bought a $39.95 Bissell corded vac at WalMart that works just great. Easy to use and store. Inexpensive and works better than the Dirt Devil built in.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #8

Central Vacuum

We have a 378XL and the wife loves ours. I bought it and installed it for her birthday. Took me longer to figure out where and how to install it than it did just installing it.
I have seen a central vacuum that has a retractable hose that gets sucked up in the outlet port on YouTube. Pretty cool. Don't have to mess with the hose that way. I can post pics if you like on where I located ours.
I should add that the vacuum unit is in one of the cargo bays which keep the noise down to where you don't hear it when on and no smell.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #9
WhoDoMan

Have a Dirt Devil installed it in the low cabinet next to the recliner. Power is already there for the lamp. Store the hose and attachments in the same cabinet
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:12 PM   #10

I have a 2016 364TS and installed it in the baggage compartment under the fridge. Looks like it was made for it because there is an electrical outlet in the compartment. I drilled up through the floor with a hole saw and installed the Vroom RV hose under the fridge and over the furnace. I understand this will not work for you because of the double slides but I'm sure you can figure something out.

The Vroom RV is pure genius. Simply pull out the hose out when you need it, latch it in place, turn on the vacuum and go about your business. When done, unlatch the hose, put your hand on the end, and watch it stow itself! I still giggle like an idiot every time I use it. It a real crowd pleaser too.

Another advantage of the system is that the whole hose assembly installs in the wasted space.

I bought the Vroom combo kit for $300 from rvupgrades.com. For some reason I could not find the kit anywhere else, saved over $100. For those of you who already installed the Dirt Devil, I believe you can buy the Vroom RV hose system separately. By the way, you need to create an account to see the lower price, I think they have to follow Dirt Devils MAP policy.

I don't like Mark's installation, mine seemed a lot easier

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #11
I Break Everything

We went through all kinds of cheap uprights, hand-held, wireless types. Fork over the cash. We purchased a Dyson 8V Animal, It does the job better than any other we've had. We have a Dyson upright for our house, but it's big and bulky. It's been going for years. We have cats that travel with us, shedding season is the worst, this machine gets it all, and in all the nooks and crannies.

Good Luck.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:00 PM   #12

We had Central vac in our last home, and also our previous fifth wheel. Never again. Listen to the folks that say dragging around a long hose is frustrating, especially in a longer RV. Storing and using attachments is also a drag. Most suction units are under powered and the carpet beater attachments aren't up to par with a canister type.

We now use a shark rocket ultra light in the RV and are much happier.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:17 PM   #13

$30 shop vac from Wal-Mart. Had to buy it on the first trip where my kid got sick in the middle of the night. Figure if I want to get fancy I can put in a switch and a hose port and just leave it in the basement.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote