Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #11

I thought about installing one of those but didn't want to have to deal with hoses. Got a Dyson cordless and works great.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I thought about installing one of those but didn't want to have to deal with hoses. Got a Dyson cordless and works great.
Only 1 hose on ours and it stores in the drawer under the couch.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Only 1 hose on ours and it stores in the drawer under the couch.
I know, but you still have to take it out, hook it up, deal with the hose itself, and then have to stow it.

With the Dyson, I think it's model DC44, you install the base unit/charger on a wall, then just grab it and use it. Now, I wouldn't want to use it in a house, but for the size of a Coach is more than enough. And then you think your floors are cleaned, right? I use a Swiffer, the one with the sprayer, and you'd be surprised how much dirt is on the floor.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I know, but you still have to take it out, hook it up, deal with the hose itself, and then have to stow it.

With the Dyson, I think it's model DC44, you install the base unit/charger on a wall, then just grab it and use it. Now, I wouldn't want to use it in a house, but for the size of a Coach is more than enough. And then you think your floors are cleaned, right? I use a Swiffer, the one with the sprayer, and you'd be surprised how much dirt is on the floor.
I guess we just have different ideas on what's easier. Wife doesn't like hanging things on the wall and likes the Dirt Devil, so we'll continue with what we have.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #15

Central vac placement

This is where I placed my inlet. I too thought about right above or below the lp detector or at least in the general area. But I found out that the inlet that came with the unit did not have a 90 degree elbow nor was there enough room to install one. It would have been a perfect location but the refridge was in the way. So I placed it next to the fridge doors. The only problem I had was the wall was thicker than the mounting plate on the back of the inlet door. The bracket and the inlet door works great on walls up to 1" thick but anything over that it did not work. What I did was to cut approx. a 2" x 3" hole in the wall and bend the bracket to fit I the hole and fasten it in the wall. Worked just fine. When I get my coach back I can show how I did it by taking the inlet door off and take so pics.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #16

Pics didn't post. Here they are

I can tell you how I found the location to install the hose through the floor if you like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-595374778.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	41024   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1029563197.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	41025  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #17
Mature Citizen

Hi there. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Darlene, Ralph and Bandit (in memory)
LTC (USA Retired), W7TLD
2017 - (Planned) 188 days & 8944 miles
2013 - 2016 - 432 days & 21429 miles
2013 Georgetown XL 378TS, 2014 Honda CRV
downeyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #18

On my inlet for the hose it was not long enough to have it attached to the wall where it is located now. The wall at this point is about 1 1/2" thick. The hose inlet is made for wall thickness of no more that about an inch. So what I did was used a hole saw to cut a 2" hole then enlarge it with a jigsaw to a square of 2" by 2 3/4". I used the bracket that came with the unit and bent it down to the size of the hole. I then attached the bracket to the inside of the hole to the 2 x 3. If I had my coach back from the dealer I would take off the hose inlet and show you how the bracket is bent.
How I found out where to cut the hole in the floor was to remove the fire extinguisher and using a long drill bit, drill a hole through the base plate in the wall all the way till it comes out under the underside. I then used a 2" hole saw to come up from the bottom to complete the hole. The floor is about 3 to 4 inches thick of foam and plywood.
I cut a 2" hole in the side of the compartment bay wall to route the hole to the Dirt Devil.
I did not glue anything together, just press fit or used aluminum tape.
Hope this is not too confusing.
You can private message me and I will respond with my office number for you to call with any questions
Old 10-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #19

If we're on a long trip, we carry a Roomba and charger. Fire it up when we leave for an hour or longer, and clean floors when we get back.

Short trips, I just throw one in there after unloading.

We use a Swiffer wet mop on the vinyl. Two minutes and done.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #20

I've been looking at those. Do they really work?