Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #1

Changing those darn NOISY Fridge Fans

Dometic sent me 2 new fans for the rear of the fridge on our Georgetown 360. Easy to change and I installed them to find that they were louder than the original ones. They will actually wake you up at night and the dog down the way goes nuts...so...I went to a computer store and bought two Stealth Computer fans and installed them. They are whisper quiet. I have run the fridge now for 2 days with them in and it seems to be working just fine and today the temp is 88 degrees. Now we can sleep at night. The fans i purchased were $14 each...all you have to do is cut the plug off of the original fans and solder them onto the new fan leads and mount the fans in the stock holes. Presto...problem solved.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Pictures?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #3

Yes please pictures. So far I haven't found any fans in my fridge. But maybe I have a different one than you.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #4

2008 fridges did not have fan. My fridge has an upper and a lower vent panel on the outside wall of the mh. The fans are located behind the upper vent. The fridge is the large unit with 2 freezer doors and a double door on the bottom.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan