Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #61

Yes they are the same, one gets a RV body, the other gets a truck cab. Propulsion and chassis parts are the same.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:27 PM   #62

1964chevelle: I've done just about all there is to do - front and rear Roadmaster heavy duty anti-sway bars, steering stabilizer, TruTrac track bar, wheel alignment and Sumo Springs. All of this has resulted in modest improvement. Your description is well-worded, "it still dives where it wants". (PS - Sumo Springs probably did a little better when compared to the others, but it's hard to tell.) We like our 2015 364 so much that I've learned to just live with the steering issue.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:28 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964chevelle View Post
Yes I also have a 2017 Georgetown and the paperwork that came with it says the chassis is it F550 everyone else is telling me a Camping World and everyplace else that it is a F 53 I don't know what it is I did the cheap fix I also put sumo springs in and it didn't do anything
It's still drives where it wants it it's a real chore driving it not enjoyable
I if you don't have too much time or miles on you 2017, Forest River will pay for a front end alignment.
Sounds like you need an alignment ASAP, your tires are probably already showing excessive wear!

Ford doesn't do an alignment because they don't know what will be built on the chassis, Forest River doesn't do an alignment because it would cost them $.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:19 AM   #64

FR did mine for free without hesitation. I just called my GT rep and he said send him the bill. So, give it a try.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #65

We are doing the walkthrough on our new 2017 Georgetown 5 next Tuesday. When I asked sales about them doing an alignment they said they do that at the factory. Do I need to get an authorization from FR to force the issue?
sleepybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #66

My GT is a 2015 364. At the time, my GT rep acknowledged problems with alignment and said to go a head and have it done. He had told me that alignments were NOT done at the factory. In fact, I just had a factory tour of the GT line week before last and didn't see any alignment racks. (I've heard others say that this service is usually offered just to those who are within 90 days of purchase.) I don't know where you live, but you can call the factory in Indiana and ask for the GT rep for your area of the country. My recommendation is to go somewhere that works on big rigs and not just automobiles. BTW, the total cost was about $110.