Old 06-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
Child seats

I'm surprised that RV's don't have the latch system for child seats installed. Seems like that should be part of it since rv'ing is a family thing.

tjvpga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
The seats we use can be strapped by either the latches or regular lap belts.

You are right though. Why don't MHs fall under something similar to regular vehicles. One of the things that get me is that IIRC all cars have to have a TPMS system by law. Why isn't it a requirement with the trucks,, after all, they are more at risk.

2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
Anyone also noticed that SOME motorhome models allow rear facing seating with seat belts, along with some models that allow side facing seating with seat belts.........and no one that I know of has air bags for the front seats.

Scientific studies show that passengers in aircraft with rear facing seats would have a higher survival rate in the event of an accident...........but no one wants to face looking "where they've already been"

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Plain Old Member
Pretty much down to doing the best you can and what you feel is the safest. We had car seats in both our previous motorhomes. Both were in the dinette seats, and the table had to be dropped to allow for this. What stinks, is these were in the slides, and guess what'll probably come out in a major accident, the slide. Just the risk that is taken. Now, I did see one guy with a Tiffin go above and beyond. He mounted a seperate captains type chair where normally a movable recliner was. He bolted it straight through to the steel floor structure with some modifications, just like the front seats. Then, that's where he put his car seat. He did this due to the reason I mentioned above, dinette being in a slide held to motorhome by a few bolts at the most. Motorhomes are kind of in a category of there own, like school busses.
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote