Old 01-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #1

Clarion navigation issue

I have a 2014 Georgetown xl 378. The clarion radio/ navigation system is not operating properly. It has been replaced under warranty but the dealer is waiting to hear from FR or clarion about the adaptation piece to make the navigation work. Does anyone have any suggestions or have had similar issue with clarion products? I welcome your input.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #2

Could you be more specific? What is it not doing.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #3

Clarion navigation

Our new unit (2014) came with a Clarion radio/dvd/back-up camera and navigation at the push of the on board screen. I can say that the radio is a bit difficult to operate and the tv/dvd is not user friendly either. The remote keys are very tiny and the main key is the tiniest! The navigation system never did work from the moment we got it last spring. The warrantee has been honored, but the dealer is waiting to hear back from FR or Clarion about this "magic" accessory that will give the unit its navigation function. I am not at all impressed with Clarion products. I have also learned that FR is no longer using this clarion radio. I wish I had asked for a new replacement from a the new supplier. I may have to resort to that yet. i would appreciate anyones constructive help.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #4

Had the same problem. They replaced the nav unit with a new one and the system has worked great since. I like the nav unit better than my garmin because it is more informative and greater detail. Only thing was a voice that came over all internal speakers that told me I was exceeding the speed limit! shut that off real quick! Hope new unit works for you. Please keep us infomed. Tks
Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #5

I'll take that unit any day over the Jensen that came with ours. Trust me, you don't want the Jensen crap they are installing in them now...well, at least on the 351DS models.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #6

Clarion navigation

How did you get FR to replace your Clarion navigation unit? Was it Clarion that helped you or Forest River? They have replaced the unit but have not sent the navigation add on to activate. I could really use your help on this. I have had my rig at the service garage since November waiting.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

Mine didnt work during the pdi. They replaced it before I took the unit. Think they pulled it from another rv. Good luck and thanks for update.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #8

Thanks for your reply! I will keep calling FR and Clarion....Happy Navigation to you!
Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #9

Any news on your nav system? ?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #10

The radio sound went out on the Clarion backup/radio/etc on the second day we had our new 2014 Georgetown XL.