Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #1

Class C to Class A

Hello everyone. We are considering trading in our 2013 forest river sunseeker (class C) to a 2012 Georgetown 351DS. Curious to see anyone's thoughts. Happy with theirs, issues, is this a good move ect? Any insight would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
rdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
I Break Everything

We got 2015 351DS last February. Other than the usual odds and ends most RVs go through at the beginning we are pretty happy with it. Just find the one with all the options you want. I remember looking for ours, we looked at so many over about 6 months it all sort of mixed together. My advice is take pictures of the particular ones you like to review when you get home.

We opted not to get the overhead bunk, above the driver. Not sure we'd ever use it. Test drive it for sure. That way if it has any "creaks" you can address them. Then get a front end alignment.

We took ours from Texas the Niagara to Boston, NYC, Philly, DC than back to Texas this summer. No problems whatsoever with the unit. It was 100+ temps most days, we were gone all of July. Generator worked fine on the road, didn't cut out once. Ours has the residential Fridge. LOVE IT! It has an ice maker and it's huge. No more cramming stuff in those tiny places. Word about the fridge: hook it up to water asap, and test the ice maker for about 2-3 days. Our ice maker had a hiccup and it was replaced. Worked great the entire trip...we didn't have to buy one bag of ice.

We pulled a CRV, but have just recently purchased a Jeep. All Blue Ox components to tow, worked easily.

The roof is good, I'm 6'2" about 300 pounds, I installed the vent covers on the roof no weak spots.

A word about the electronics in this vehicle, there are a few, 5 flat screens. One DVD/combo in each bunk, One outside, Master BR and living room. I opted out of the stereo in the dash that doubled as the dvd player. I put in a blue ray, pulled out the factory JVC radio. If I could do it again, I'd probably get it wired for satellite radio instead of me having to do it.

No carpet through out is nice!

Good Luck.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeiss View Post
Hello everyone. We are considering trading in our 2013 forest river sunseeker (class C) to a 2012 Georgetown 351DS. Curious to see anyone's thoughts. Happy with theirs, issues, is this a good move ect? Any insight would be great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
We just traded out 2014 Sunseeker 3050S in on a leftover (New) 2014 Georgetown 328TSF.. What a great decision. As much as we loved out Sunseeker, the room we gained in the Georgetown, not too mention the ride and handling is so much better. We just came back from out maiden voyage everything went great..

Still early in the game, but the plan is to become snowbirds when I retire. Still several years off, but the Georgetown will be our home..

Good luck in your decision..

John & Janine
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:37 AM   #4

We have a 351DS that we purchased last year and LOVE it. We do have the overhead bunk, but no outside TV and we did do the DVD in the dash (which is a POS, IMHO) but it did allow us to get the speakers built in the main area for surround sound. We did add an additional set of speakers above the cab area because you couldn't hear the speakers from the back when driving. They changed the design about 6 months after we ordered, and the "home theater" option is a bit different.

Anyway - we had always rented class C (sunseeker, solera, forrester) but when we bought we went for the class A. It's so much better - the space inside is amazing with the slide out, and you can use the cab area when parked - both the driver seat and passenger seat can be turned around (and we have the eurochair option vs barrel chair so we can move it and make a 3 seat area in front)

My husband says it's much easier to drive because you can see so much better with the large windshield, and you sit much further forward (got to watch the tail sweep however!)

We've been very happy with our experiences and it's held up really well. we've camped about 50 nights total since we got it last year.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #5

Class A to Class C

We did just the opposite. We had our 2007 Georgetown 326DS until we traded it in on our 2014 Forester 3051S. We noticed the difference of having airbags on our Class C which makes it so much easier to handle, especially on a windy day. As far as space, yes, the Class A is roomier, but my wife wouldn't drive it and this particular floorplan on our Forester is roomy enough to make it comfortable for the two of us even being on the road for months at a time.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #6

Trade or not

We have a 2014 335 and like mentioned earlier we had minor things to correct but we love it we go on a outing once a month and had it since November 2014.Its not hard to drive like mentioned earlier get front end aligned soon as you get it and do the CHF for front stabilizer it will drive nicely. We tow a Lincoln MKX its like a Ford edge tows great go with Blue Ox towing system its worry free. Have fun stay in touch
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c