Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #1

Exclamation clearance lights lens

Another newbie question: The clearance and ICC lights on my georgetown 350 do not have screws to hold them in. Somes of the lights are out and I want to check them. Before I go and do something stupid like break one of them, I figure I ask if anyone has taken one off. It looks like if you pushed down and turn conterclockwise they may come off. Any suggestions. Thanks
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #2

I have a 2012 and I also have that question on the marker lights on the top of the front cap. Actually look like they may be LED but not sure.

Do they pop in? Love to find out so I can silicone them now just as a preventive measure.

Now the lower side marker lights pop off lens with small screw driver to get to the body that is screwed into the outer shell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marker.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	15150  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #3

Im not sure about those newer ones but the 2009s just snapped in and out. Small standard screwdriver needed to get in the crack and pry it off. I had to replace my lens covers, they faded to clear from orange due to UV
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhanson View Post
Im not sure about those newer ones but the 2009s just snapped in and out. Small standard screwdriver needed to get in the crack and pry it off. I had to replace my lens covers, they faded to clear from orange due to UV
The new ones are much smaller and seem to be LED type.
Anyone out there with a 2012 Georgetown have any idea?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #5

I was wondering the same thing, but I'll let one of you try to remove yours first

My plan was to wait for a bulb to burn out or have a leak that had to be fixed then if I broke a lense cover figuring it out it would be in the easier to swallow, but I'd be more than happy to have someone else figure it out before then.....
SinkorSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojack
Another newbie question: The clearance and ICC lights on my georgetown 350 do not have screws to hold them in. Somes of the lights are out and I want to check them. Before I go and do something stupid like break one of them, I figure I ask if anyone has taken one off. It looks like if you pushed down and turn conterclockwise they may come off. Any suggestions. Thanks
Gently pry the lens cover off with a very thin screwdriver or pocket knife. When you push in the new bulbs make sure that the lights are not turned and your fingers are dry. If the lights are on the bulb will blow.
tetsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #7

Thank you very much!!!
bojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #8

You are welcome.
tetsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsurvivor View Post
Gently pry the lens cover off with a very thin screwdriver or pocket knife. When you push in the new bulbs make sure that the lights are not turned and your fingers are dry. If the lights are on the bulb will blow.
According to Forest River literature the 2012's have LED's, I know my 2011 had LED tail lights but runninglights are incadescant and the ones in the front on the roof were in terrible shape after only 1-1/2 years. Three were cracked (lenses) and one was half full of water. I had to replace three of the lenses and two of the bases and 4 0f the 5 bulbs. The best place to get them is right from Forest River. The lenses popped off with a screw driver on my running lights.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #10

We still haven't learned if the newer LED lights are whole assemblies and how they can be removed.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #11

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
We still haven't learned if the newer LED lights are whole assemblies and how they can be removed.
Its been my experience with LED running lights that they are one piece waterproof lights and you have to replace the whole assembly. Anyway, if they are LED's and one piece assemblies you're probably never going to have to repalce them unless you have an electrical problem of some sort and blow the bulb.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote