Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
Mod free 5er
The clunking is due to the driveshaft trying to slide on the spline and being prevented by the lack of lub. When the vehicle stops, the chassis raises in the rear while the driveshaft remains down and slips back on the spline. When the vehicle starts, the chassis drops and causes the driveshaft to slide forward and without adequate lubrication, it binds and then clunks forward. It is not from wear on the splines but lack of lube to allow the sleeve to slide on the spline freely.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
I guess anything is possible.
Like I said, lets see what the OP finds out.

crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #13
dunnnc is correct that the driveshaft can cause a clunk. This was a problem with a few 97-03 F150's. If I remember correctly, the fix was to lube the spline with some type of teflon grease,
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
Here is a liitle bit of info on the issue:

Drive Line Clunk
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #15
Would be very interested in hearing exactly what causes this clunking and a fix for the problem. My husband and I also have a FR 330ts 2010 and have complained of this problem since we bought it new in March of 2012, to no avail. (The first year of it's life it was in the shop (the dealer and at FR) more than it was with us . . . very frustrating!)

Kensington MD
BHarrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #16
Originally Posted by fidaddy66 View Post
Good morning, I recently picked my coach up from from the dealer for some scheduled maintenance. Went on first trip last week, everything went great except on the way back I noticed when I would accelerate from a dead stop I would hear I what sounds like "clunk" coming from underneath the coach. When I got home I looked under my rig
and everything looked fine. I assume it is due to very little lubrication and maybe metal on metal rubbing together. Has any body experienced this before? If so, what type of Lube did you use? Or maybe it's something else. Pls advise.
Thank You

So did you ever find out what the clunking noise was?
Sway bar bushings and bar bibding or what?

2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote