Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #1

CO/LPG detector bypass to keep solenoid open

Can anyone tell me how to bypass the CO/LPG detector to keep LPG solenoid open until new replacement detector is available. We're in for some pretty chilly weather without heat source?
Nomore9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #2

Can you take a pic of the back side, I might be able to help you. I know this is the Geo Forum. but maybe I can still help. Your going to have to pass power to that solenoid to keep it open. might be easier if your CO detector supply's the valve. Then just add a wire from the plus side of the battery to it and keep it hot the solenoid. Does it just have two wires coming out of it. Your going to need a hot and a ground more then likely to hold it open. Please remember I'm guessing. Do you have a 12v meter?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #3

Happy to send pic I also have wiring diagram that came with detector which I can send along too. One issue - I haven't any luck posting pictures on FR site . I can certainly send them to your email address if you're ok with that.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #4

Sure PM me and I will send it to you. or just sent it glennjurczyk@gmail.com

Old 11-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomore9-5 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to bypass the CO/LPG detector to keep LPG solenoid open until new replacement detector is available. We're in for some pretty chilly weather without heat source?

You must remove the 12 volt + red wire that feeds the detector and attach it to the output wire which may be black or a white wire which feeds the solenoid. Here is a basic diagram how it is wired.

I also attached the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	845
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	66250  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 70xx_manual_rev6_dec_21_2009.pdf (383.4 KB, 347 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #6

I absolutely love this site - whenever somebody runs into an issue there's always seems to be a fellow FR owner ready to offer help. Thanks to both of you for replying .Iggy, I appreciate the diagram as well. One of the many issues I have with FR is a lack of consistency of how things are wired. The diagram shows black supply for incoming neg coming from battery to detector mine appears to be white , white wire from detector going to black wire to solenoid ,mine appears to be yellow.The only connections that match is the white / red from detector to red pos supply. I hope my assumptions are correct . Ran across same thing with them regarding location of TV cable splitter - called and was told it was behind passenger side overhead compartment .I found it behind one of the lower p/s storage compartments. Not even close.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomore9-5 View Post
I absolutely love this site - whenever somebody runs into an issue there's always seems to be a fellow FR owner ready to offer help. Thanks to both of you for replying .Iggy, I appreciate the diagram as well. One of the many issues I have with FR is a lack of consistency of how things are wired. The diagram shows black supply for incoming neg coming from battery to detector mine appears to be white , white wire from detector going to black wire to solenoid ,mine appears to be yellow.The only connections that match is the white / red from detector to red pos supply. I hope my assumptions are correct . Ran across same thing with them regarding location of TV cable splitter - called and was told it was behind passenger side overhead compartment .I found it behind one of the lower p/s storage compartments. Not even close.
I'm glad I was able to help you, that is what this forum is about. I know I don't own a MH but wiring is just plain wiring, I'm glad you got some heat now for the ARCTIC BLAST coming, anything else I can do you have my email or just PM me......

Tags
bypass