Originally Posted by doctort44
I installed a disconnect switch on my battery and it's the last item on my checklist that I go through every time I park it at the storage place.
This is the best way to do it. There are usually parasitic or "phantom" loads on batteries in RVs. The only way to be sure that you aren't draining the batteries due to one of these loads is to disconnect either the positive or negative leads from the battery, either using a switch at the battery or by pulling the lead. Many electronic items still draw a slight load when not turned on. The only two things that come to mind that are connected to the batteries directly on most motorhomes is the LP gas detector and the power entry steps, if equipped.
If you suspect anything as being a phantom load (like the DVD players) you should use the battery disconnect switch to turn off the batteries and then go back and try and turn on the item in question. If they are dead then putting in a separate switch for that particular item alone will not do anything.