Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #1

Coach-Net Membership

I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the Coach-Net membership I received when I got my Georgetown? Its a technical & roadside assistance program. The membership cards have Forest River on them and they sent me a book outlining the benefits. Just wondering if anyone knew about this program or has used it?
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Pete

It's a one year roadside assistance program that FR provides when you purchase your FR mh. I've never used it, nor renewed it, because I have the Good Sam program that I've had for years. I don't know for sure, but I think they're all basically the same.

If you don't already have a roadside assistance program, you probably would want to wait until the first year Coach Net program expires.

I've used the GS program twice in the last two years. It's insurance, and sure comes in handy when you need it. Also, your motorhome insurance policy may provide the same service.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #3

It is a complete roadside assistance service. I had problems with one of my slide outs soon after I took delivery and called Coach-net. They have very good phone technical assistance. They couldn't resolve the problem on the phone and sent 2 guys to the campground where I was staying to look at the slide. It needed parts and they couldn't fix it there but it didn't cost me anything for the service call. After my initial year I signed up with them again.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #4

We have a 2008 Georgetown 374 and experienced dash voltage problems when in New Mexico. I called the Coach Net people adn they advised me to go back about 90 miles where I may be able to get assistance! They were totally not concerned with my difficulty and were far from personal and heplful! I would not recommend them for any thing concerning your motorhome!
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #5

I'm curioius about this Coach Net thing. Our Dealer never mentioned it. They wanted to sell us an extended warranty so I guess they would not want to tell me about the free year of roadside assisstance. Does anyone know if this is a Forest River program or is it only particular dealers who offer the 1 yr of coach net free?
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst2 View Post
I'm curioius about this Coach Net thing. Our Dealer never mentioned it. They wanted to sell us an extended warranty so I guess they would not want to tell me about the free year of roadside assisstance. Does anyone know if this is a Forest River program or is it only particular dealers who offer the 1 yr of coach net free?
This is standard of all FR products I believe. We too got a free year of Coachnet when we bought ours. However we opted to go with Good Sams ERS after the first year.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #7

Thanks for the info NW Jeeper. I'll check into that.
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote