Old 01-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #1

Question cold in front of 378

We have 378 ,it cold in front of coach hot in back,i put towels over vent in back still cold in front and little air flow is any body having same problem. Forest River said that the design of the coach so that my problem in nut shell.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #2

Same on our 360 so we just put a small heater up front

Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #3

I think this is the case in all motorhomes due to all the glass-windshield, windows etc as well as dash vents, lots of air holes to let the cold in. We use the fireplace and it gets toasty warm.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #4

I'm not sure with your floor plan if you have any heat ducts that run through the slides, if you do, check them. We had 2 ducts running through our kitchen slide, one was crushed when the slide was assembled at the factory, the other was torn behind the stove, result was very cold up front and the bedroom was an oven. We fixed the ducts and replaced the bedroom heat registers with ones that you can adjust the flow from Home depot, the whole coach is now a pretty even temperature.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #5

Same on our 374, not nearly enough heat flow up front, and way too hot in back.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #6

I have not had mine for to long. One day while I was under my Georgetown i found one of the ducts had slipped off its connection and was hanging. Mine was one towards the back not sure if it is the same up front.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #7

On our 2011 350 I block the heat ducts near the front to push more heat to the back.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #8

Our 340 is cold up front. made some insulated curtains that hang from the visor mounts with velcro, and it makes a big difference. We still use a small heater up front.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck101999 View Post
We have 378 ,it cold in front of coach hot in back,i put towels over vent in back still cold in front and little air flow is any body having same problem. Forest River said that the design of the coach so that my problem in nut shell.
We have a 374 I said it was a 378 cold in front ,it was in shop 3 months getting fixed that was mistake still problems . This will be my last Forest River ,my wife see it now . Poor workmanship at plant and dealership now much better . Forest River denied fixxing being cold in front do to the design ,denied white about my windows fixxing that problem denied crack around my front windshield ,they will not pay Diagnostic charges why should i and other in warranty .Floor lose as goose .
Old 03-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #10

Another idea for this is to put up a curtain rod and heavy curtains right behind driver's and passenger's seats.

Makes it easier to heat the living area since you're not trying to heat those big front windows as much.
Makes it easier to heat or cool the driving area with the dash air, when you're driving.
Makes it easier to drive at night. Person in back can turn on lights and it won't blind the driver.

Of course in nice weather you can tie the curtains back and they'll probably look pretty nice.

I plan to try to install a curtain like this sometime soon.