Old 12-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #21
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
The water pump will freeze up in teen weather, one thing I do is put a small heater in there at night and it will stop the pump from freezing. You can always use a drop light and place next to the pump. My only concerns is the pump and the water filter and I purchased 2 small heaters from Walmart believe they were 10 bucks and are only 450 watts when temps are down low I have 1 in each bay, and according to my remote temp gauge. the temp stays around 50 degrees in there. I run an extension cord to the power outlet in the bay by the steps.
How did you route the extension cord into the fresh water bay? I've heard of this, and I've placed a trouble light in the fresh water bay. It worked, however there was the challenge of how to route the extension cord into the bay, and close the door adequately to keep out the cold and counter the effects of the heat generated by the heater. I crammed fiberglass insulation in the door, which I couldn't latch since the extension was in the way.

Mike & Suz
2014 Georgetown 351
Pontiac Vibe toad
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote