Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #1

comparing 341ds to 378ts

we are in the market to purchase a new motor home, and have been looking about 3 months. we are down to the 341ds and the 378ts.
we do not like all of the carpet in the 378, we have two scooty dogs. but we love the open space. we are looking at the 2010 models. better price.
we are both retired, and would spend about half the year on the road.

any help, pro or con. would be very helpful.

thanks john
georgia
jcts43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #2

Well John in Georgia, we have the 378 XL and also have a little cock-a-poo
I have to say our little dog is well behaved but accidents do happen.
I purchased another area rug to put down on top of the RV carpet. Had it 3 years now and no problems so far and we really like the lay out of the 378....Good Luck in what ever you decide.

Joe & Jeannette / NJ
2008 Georgetown XL 378TS
Tow 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #3

comparing

Thanks for the info. We are probably going to buy the 378, 2011. We just received a good quote on one.
Just got to work out the details and acc. items.
We let you know.
Thanks John
Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcts43 View Post
we are in the market to purchase a new motor home, and have been looking about 3 months. we are down to the 341ds and the 378ts.
we do not like all of the carpet in the 378, we have two scooty dogs. but we love the open space. we are looking at the 2010 models. better price.

thanks john
georgia
I can see why you like the model 341 and the 378. we have the 2008 378 XL (were not fulltimers) and have traveled to the west coast from Virginia and lived in it down in Florida for two years during the winter months. We also have an older cocker spanial and have no issues with the rug. We too have throw carpets over the rug to slow down the dirt problems being tracked in. I have a shampoo'r at home and shampoo the carpets when we get back to Virginia each year so thats no problem. We use the fireplace to heat the coach during the winter. In 2008 the XL models came with all of the options such as the artic package and upgraded appliances. When we ordered ours, we added the dual pane windows and since then added the satellite dish and washer/dryer. The inclosed bathroom would be nice in the 341, but the 378 is designed to optomize all of the space and use of the hallway. Check the size of the closets in both as the 341 looks smaller in the floorplan. In either case, Georgetown makes a good product and Forest River has taken care of what problems we had at first. We did take out the extended warranty (and used it a couple of times)as this will be our last one because of our age.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #5

comparing

the 378, 2011 we are looking at, comes with the dual pane windows, plus washer dryer combo.
we will have to add the sat. this one comes with the b/w cameras, but from what i am reading, people are saying the hd color is better. what do you think.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #6

The 341DS we have is a great unit. The shower is the only problem I wish I would have looked at a little closer. I'm 210 lbs and my shoulders touch the shower door when I use it. So the campsite bath house gets a visit when we go camping. Other than that the unit has a good layout. Storage is good also.
And as far as the cameras, go with the color, we like it better than the b/w.

Chris and Linda
lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #7

Quote:
the 378, 2011 we are looking at, comes with the dual pane windows, plus washer dryer combo.
we will have to add the sat. this one comes with the b/w cameras, but from what i am reading, people are saying the hd color is better. what do you think.
I am sure the color is better than B/W, but in 2008, thats all that was available. They now come with the 3 cameras I guess are nice. I drove an Itasca with it and it was a little confusing switching cameras everytime I turned the wheel. I towed 5th wheels and travel trailers for many years and relied on the two outside mirrors. So looking at a moving camera and the mirrors was confusing. we just have the one B/W camera that I leave on when were traveling to see the car behind us or backing up.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #8

Quote:

thanks john
georgia
If you can order a 378 from the factory you can get the "carpet delete" option. We did that on ours. We do alot of state park camping and it just doesn't make sense for us to have all that carpet. Of course the slides will still have carpet, and the bedroom. We will put down area rugs in the living area to keep our feet warm.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

Just thinking out loud here...............

I've driven lots of big wheels over the years, including still driving a school bus daily in semi-retirement. These have always had nothing more than standard outside mirrors, albeit different syles over the years.

Our newest RV (2010 330TS) has nice big mirrors, and it came with the 3 camera system in B&W as a package offerring. Given I never had this additional method for side/rear visibility ever before, I still don't see using it as much as some might insist you will, especially when it comes to deciding to go with colour or not, at whatever cost difference.

First.....the camera monitor is nowhere near the line of sight you typically focus on while driving and checking the outside mirrors.

Second.....it causes you to spend more time looking somewhere OTHER than forward while you're still moving........THAT could be scary.

Third....I don't really think anyone is going to use the side view camera monitor exclusively for checking what's beside the rig............whereas mirrors could be and ARE by a lot of drivers.

Fourth.......changing your focus depth from looking outside, to focusing on a monitor INSIDE the cabin, takes time.......different amount of time for different people.

Fifth......as far as B&W versus colour. Do I really need to see that the vehicle beside me is a coral blue Chevrolet with deep blue accents? If I do use the cameras and monitor, it's because I feel I need to confirm there is SOMETHING beside me that I BELIEVE I can't or didn't see in my mirrors.

IMO only......your mileage may vary!!!!!!!!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #10

thanks for all the tips.
john
Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
I have seen 5 or 6, 2011 Georgetowns, several different models and I have never seen one with b/w cameras. They were all color. The brochure says the b/w is standard but it was not listed on mine as an option and mine is color. Next time you look at it turn it on and see what you have. Personally, I'd tell them to keep the washer dryer combo. Its not worth the space it takes up, but then we have big clothes. . We are full-timers and spend the summers at our daughters and use her w/d and in the winter when we are in the rgv we have a shed with a washer and dryer in it. We have about $650 in the shed and washer and dryer. Less than it'll cost for the combo.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #12

extended warrantys

Could anyone please give me some advice on extended warrantys? I have heard all kinds of stuff. Seems like the best one so far was from Good Sam Club. Have a 2011 378.

Thanks John
Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Could anyone please give me some advice on extended warrantys? I have heard all kinds of stuff. Seems like the best one so far was from Good Sam Club. Have a 2011 378.

Thanks John
We have Coachnet right now because we wanted to save a little money. And what I mean by that is, Good Sams from what I was told by their sale rep is that the warranty can only be bought yearly. The down side to that is that the warrantys go up every year. I would call good Sams and talk with them first and then shop around. Our warranty is for 3 years and roughly cost about $1200.00 a year. Good Sams was $1475.00 for 1 year.
Now I'm not saying to go with Coachnet all I'm saying is to shop around.

Chris and Linda
lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

You may need to speak with someone at the dealership where you're buying your coach. We bought the Good Sam CSP which now is called the Extended Warranty Plan when we bought the coach. It was $3500 for 7 years / 70,000 Miles on everything in the coach. Yes there are deductibles but I don't know of any that don't have any.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #15

Hey LostDog. what did you say the salemans name at DickGores, in Jacks was. We are going down next week. Thought I would call him first.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Hey LostDog. what did you say the salemans name at DickGores, in Jacks was. We are going down next week. Thought I would call him first.
Dana...the manager. He's busy!!! Say hey for me.....
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #17

Chuck

I talked to Dana today. He seems like a really nice guy. We hope to go down next week. He sold the 378 he had in Jacks today. Said he just ordered another one. He said the 378 are really starting to pick up.
I told him I had spoken to you. I will keep you posted.
John
Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #18

If you are looking for a 378 Johns RV on I-20 in Lexington SC(outside Columbia)has a 2011 378 with 3000 miles on it. Think someone traded up to Diesel am sure you can get a good deal.
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #19

Johns has a website with pictures.
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #20

Quote:

thanks john
georgia

John,
Heres another thought, we to have dogs (lots)..we went to wood floors..much easier with the little critters..

Good luck and enjoy,
Barney
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34788_152513264799073_100001212019400_280939_5292423_n.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	4520  
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378ts