Old 03-08-2016, 08:58 PM   #21

There's a company in Astor, Florida called C-Head that makes composting toilets for boats and RVs. What I find most interesting about their products is the option to have the urine siphoned off to the black tank. I sure don't want to have to figure out what to do with a bottle of pee!

There is a lot of info on their website. FAQ

Old 03-08-2016, 09:19 PM   #22

I've been watching a few " crappy" videos tonight. Lol...

I was an board with it....... Until my mind got to the toilet paper.

Nope. Sorry. No poopy paper in a bucket.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS

Old 03-09-2016, 08:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
I've watched the videos.
I want any details they failed to mention.
How does the urine get into the removable tank?
Dirty details!

Let's get " dirty".
Say you have your DW chilli.
Your # 2 may not go directly and completely down the hole.. Then what?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Kenny, I have lots of patience but Job I am not. Last of my replies.

1st question. Just sit on the toilet and release your bladder, the toilet is designed to separate the urine.

2d question. If you make a mess, then by all means, clean it up and give careful consideration to a second helping of DW's chili.

Lastly. I will answer no more of your adolescent moronic questions. A grown man with over 1400 post on this site should be able to figure it out.

PS. I do not do hands on demos.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #24

Compost toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntx30 View Post
Kenny, I have lots of patience but Job I am not. Last of my replies.

1st question. Just sit on the toilet and release your bladder, the toilet is designed to separate the urine.

2d question. If you make a mess, then by all means, clean it up and give careful consideration to a second helping of DW's chili.

Lastly. I will answer no more of your adolescent moronic questions. A grown man with over 1400 post on this site should be able to figure it out.

PS. I do not do hands on demos.

Ok ! Thanks for your time and patience. 👍🏻

I apologize if I bothered you.
My questions were serious, with a side of my humour.

Ps.. Nobody made you answer the questions.... No need to be snooty.
28 posts is a tad early to start insulting people.
I mean, cmon. We're talking about poop here!!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 03-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #25

Why on heavens earth does anyone need a composting toilet in their RV? What ever you want to call it after you spin the wheel 3 times and open the urine hatch, you are still in one way or the other going to have to "dump" poop and pee only using a different process.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #26

The problem I have is carrying the composted crap through my RV. Just saying it's not gonna happen in my unit.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #27

"Lastly. I will answer no more of your adolescent moronic questions. A grown man with over 1400 post on this site should be able to figure it out. "

Looks like someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.
Bit harsh to say the least.
I, like Kenny was interested to find out how the system works complete with all the negative details.
The Wynns video does a good job of showing only the positive, clean details which is why it leaves some of us wondering what happens next.
If anyone gets themselves aggravated answering questions, probably best not to post.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #28

The Wynns have seven videos on YouTube about compost toilets. If they aren’t paid spokesmen for that industry then I think they need to get a life. The Wynns are young people so I’m sure they must have some way of supporting themselves.

So if you’re going to install one of these toilets in your RV you would have to cap off the water line and cover the hole leading to the black tank. Then you have to bring in a 12 volt source for the fan on the compost toilet and then find a place to run the vent tube from the compost toilet. That alone is more work than I want to deal with.

As sherman12 pointed out you still have to dump the separate containers of pee and humanure. Personally I wouldn’t want to carry that stuff around and OMG don’t stumble or trip in your RV. You also still have to dump your grey tanks so you’re not getting rid of that sewer hose.

I didn’t see any mention in the videos of the cleanup process if someone was sick for 12 hours and had a bad case of diarrhea. I like having a toilet that uses water.

Since hooking up a sewer hose to the trailer is still a necessity for the grey tanks, I think I’ll stick with the simple process of pulling the valve to empty the black tank.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #29

I agree. I haven't seen any reason why a composting toilet is better or even as good as a conventional Rv toilet.
I've never had a sewer dumping problem or blockage and never done anything special to prevent it.
I have been watching this thread waiting for the advantages of the compost toilet. Still waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #30
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
I agree. I haven't seen any reason why a composting toilet is better or even as good as a conventional Rv toilet.
I've never had a sewer dumping problem or blockage and never done anything special to prevent it.
I have been watching this thread waiting for the advantages of the compost toilet. Still waiting...
I agree 100%