Old 03-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #31

I guess the only "advantage" I see is the ability to dump urine in any regular public toilet and dispose of solid waste in any dumpster, and the increased "grey water" capacity. I would have to do two toilets in my 364 so I'm not sold on the idea. I just wanted to see if anyone had actual experience to share that may shed light on an unknown/seldom used option.....

Old 03-09-2016, 08:54 PM   #32

I'm not sure that placing human excrement into dumpsters would be looked upon favorably by the general public or dumpster owners, composted or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 03-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #33

I'm beginning to lean toward cutting the center out of a camp chair, a shovel, and a tarp for privacy. In all seriousness, there is a following for compost toilets, but it won't be a path I'd follow. Poop is poop and having to keep solids and liquids separate, dispose of your paper in an alternate manner, and promenade thru your RV with it in hand on your way to dump it just leaves me scratching my head as to why. Your RV already has tanks setup for your bodily needs. I've never had and issue with using the stinky slinky ... it's just part of owning an RV and I think it's pretty darned handy. I'll not try to save the world here one "movement" at a time.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #34

I have a great idea!
You can use the coconut coir to 'wipe', you don't have to worry about smelly paper and it will also help the composting process.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #35

I thought this whole idea was a joke when I watched the video. I have no problem with my black tank. Is this just more of the nutcase "green" garbage we always have pushed at us? Is dumping human crap into a dumpster really better than having it go through the advanced technology sewage treatment plant? I doubt it. This thread was amusing, but a waste of time. Sorry for the negativity.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
The Wynns have seven videos on YouTube about compost toilets. If they aren’t paid spokesmen for that industry then I think they need to get a life. The Wynns are young people so I’m sure they must have some way of supporting themselves.
I'm betting they got the toilet installed for free, made the videos, and then they get a "residual" payment every time someone clicks on the videos.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:35 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I'm beginning to lean toward cutting the center out of a camp chair, a shovel, and a tarp for privacy. In all seriousness, there is a following for compost toilets, but it won't be a path I'd follow. Poop is poop and having to keep solids and liquids separate, dispose of your paper in an alternate manner, and promenade thru your RV with it in hand on your way to dump it just leaves me scratching my head as to why. Your RV already has tanks setup for your bodily needs. I've never had and issue with using the stinky slinky ... it's just part of owning an RV and I think it's pretty darned handy. I'll not try to save the world here one "movement" at a time.
Here ya go dieselguy, just put a tarp over the bumper dumper. BTW, this is a real product and not a joke either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bumperdumper.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	101506

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #38
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Here ya go dieselguy, just put a tarp over the bumper dumper. BTW, this is a real product and not a joke either.

Attachment 101506
I can attest to this... We had one mounted on one of our work trucks on the front bumper... Had to remove it because it offended people... But it works well.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS396CV View Post
You have to dump the urine somewhere. There is a youtube video showing the separate urine vessel, which she dumped in the fire pit.
How would you like to have the next ressie on that campsite?
Old 03-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagsdale View Post
I thought this whole idea was a joke when I watched the video. I have no problem with my black tank. Is this just more of the nutcase "green" garbage we always have pushed at us?
Nutcase? How is being green nutcase? Bet you love your "Green" LEDs

The point being missed by everyone here is the Wynn's are huge fans of what they call "Wild" Camping (we call it boondocking)

Their composter is a means to a end - being able to stay off the grid for as long as possible (you should see their solar setup! They can even run an A/C on it for limited periods...now THAT is off the Grid!)

Quote:
Is dumping human crap into a dumpster really better.
You mean like baby diapers?

Or some campers who insist on bagging used toilet paper and putting it in the dumpster rather than in the holding tank?

Composted feces are not dangerous and in fact can be used to fertilize non-ingestible plants.

Quote:
than having it go through the advanced technology sewage treatment plant? I doubt it.
You DO realize a lot - if not the majority - of campgrounds are on septic systems?

Quote:
This thread was amusing, but a waste of time. Sorry for the negativity.
Sorry you wasted your time. I found it rather enjoyable
If you really want a education, go here:
Nature's Head User's Guide - Composting Toilets

Now, having said that, would I use a composting toilet? No. But it is a lifestyle choice and folks should be able to so choose without being labeled a "nutcase"

Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote