Originally Posted by sherman12
Assuming your batteries are under the steps like most GT's what I do (just Tuesday) is loosening the nuts on the negative battery terminal, go inside the RV and close the door. Steps are retracted, I just reach down and take off the negative wire. No battery power, no moving steps. Open door, jump out and continue to remove batteries.
Jump out the door? No thank you! Sherman12...Way to complicated.
1. Buy a small bar magnet
2. Exit motorhome leaving battery switch and step switch "ON"
3. Place small bar magnet on step magnet sensor on door frame. Careful now...steps will retract! This fools the steps into thinking the door is closed.
4. Reach in and turn off step switch then turn off battery switch. Steps will remain in.
5. Gently close the doors so as not to knock the bar magnet off the frame sensor.
6. Walk away and have an adult beverage.
This will work easily in the switches and door sensors are handy and at the bottom close to the exit.