Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Location: currently Dripping Springs Campground/ Flaming Gorge / Ashley N.F.
connecting satellite rv

When I got my Georgetown I had a satellite antenna installed from Forest River, I am getting ready to go full time next week and although I was going to hold off getting satellite I am having quite the problem getting either DISH, which I currently have OR DIRECTV to give me any info on connecting the receiver / dvr up. I call the dealer AND Forest RIver to see what brand of antenna was installed, NO ONE has answered OR called back; when I look up the components list, King "something" and KVR ? are listed as the manufactures of the antenna, but they want to know the model number and possibly the serial number. I really Really REALLY don't want to go on top, if I go up I don't think I will come down, at least not the conventional way Any ideas, there might be some paperwork in the RV about it, but I am still trying to get things closed up here. There is an antenna connection point in the cupboard with the dvd and "sound system", but I don't know where to connect the receiver, who to get it from and how to get one for the tv in the bed room. THat is another whole issue, both of them are very hard to get to any connections in the rear of them.

ttfn, sometimes I just want to be a missing person . . .

My kids: Clemmie, aka Killer & Violet a LoveBird At the Rainbow Bridge:PYMMINT Keeshonden: Nicky, Tookie, Mandy, Chip, JD, Ashley, Winston, Ditty, Lyric, Montana, Georgie01-30-2011: KELLY; Eleanor; Montgomery; Charlotte Gray; Rosie, the Riveter; Audey Murphy
pymmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #2
connecting satellite rv

King antennas have king controls printed in large type on the dome. You cannot miss it from the ground.
Press the dealer for the info
FR would not install sat antennas as of 2013 and I do not believe they changed that.
FR runs the wiring from the inside cabinet to the roof vent pipe cover over the passenger seat on the roof for the installer.
The dealer is the usual installer and they wait for the customer to tell the what they want.

Do you have a dome on the roof?
If not you just have the sat prep wiring

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote