Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #1

Considering new 369XL - questions

Hello Georgetown owners -

We are considering purchasing a new 2018 or 19 Georgetown 369XL.

Couple questions:
1. I saw a thread that said in 2015 there were separate gray and black tanks for the front and rear of the coach. Is this still the same? Do they drain together? Does the black wash-out hit both of the black tanks? There was also a note that the rear tank had some piping that was up inside the storage bins so that it was inaccessible?

2. is there anything specifically that we should check out before we buy one? Any specific changes from 2018 to 19 that are worth mentioning?

3. Have you been happy with this floorplan and the quality of the coach construction?

Thanks!
-scott
flexdogScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexdogScott View Post

Couple questions:

1. I saw a thread that said in 2015 there were separate gray and black tanks for the front and rear of the coach. Is this still the same? Do they drain together? Does the black wash-out hit both of the black tanks? There was also a note that the rear tank had some piping that was up inside the storage bins so that it was inaccessible?

2. is there anything specifically that we should check out before we buy one? Any specific changes from 2018 to 19 that are worth mentioning?

3. Have you been happy with this floorplan and the quality of the coach construction?

Thanks!

-scott

Hi
We have a 2018 369. Just finished a 5 week trip to snowbird in Florida. My wife and I like to say the things we like far outweigh the things we don’t
1) yes separate black and grey. (2 black 2 grey)The kitchen area sink and 1/2 bath black tanks empty in a center area compartment where the water and filter are. The main bath in rear black and grey empty in the compartment just forward of the electric.
2) I can’t speak to changes from 18 to 19

3) although we do like the floor plan a lot there are some WWTT ( what were they thinking issues). The TVs for example are all permanent attached. I had to unscrew the main tv to add HDMI connections. Crazy. The bedroom is the same as well as outside. DVDs are played from the dash and all wiring feeds from there to the TVs they should have added an HDMI connector. Read the forums here there will be more on thins.
Lots of “not so great workmanship”. After one trip we found the hanging strip for clothes in the first closet pulled off. OK we may have overloaded it but if you see the screws they used....yikes. I reattached that and fixed the others as well with firmer and more screws.
Be prepared for other minor things that you can fix yourself if on the road.
Don’t let me scare you though.......as I said the good far outweighs the bad and we shopped for this type of floor plan for awhile. Enjoy it
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #3

Each black tank has it's own flush port. We have a 2018 369XL as well. The only thing we found is the support roller for the couch extension has less than perfect welds and the bracket snapped off the couch frame. It's one of my NH winter projects.
We have had no other issues. We also got the W/D, get that installed, it comes in handy.
And you can sorta walk around the bed.
David
Duneit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duneit View Post
Each black tank has it's own flush port. We have a 2018 369XL as well. The only thing we found is the support roller for the couch extension has less than perfect welds and the bracket snapped off the couch frame. It's one of my NH winter projects.
We have had no other issues. We also got the W/D, get that installed, it comes in handy.
And you can sorta walk around the bed.
David

Hi What is W/D?
Thanks
Old 10-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalb20 View Post
Hi What is W/D?
Thanks
I think he means washer/dryer. We have one and it really does come in handy.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:41 AM   #6

Ahhhh. Yes. Thanks
Old 10-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Each black tank has it's own flush port. We have a 2018 369XL as well.
David
How did you set-up your hoses? Do you have a hose coming out of each bay and then "Y" them together close to the hook-up?
Old 10-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #8

Quote:
How did you set-up your hoses? Do you have a hose coming out of each bay and then "Y" them together close to the hook-up?
I just use 1 hose for flushing and do 1 tank at a time.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I think he means washer/dryer. We have one and it really does come in handy.
Affirmative
Old 10-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #10

You may already know this but,
White hose for the city water hook up and a green or black for flushing black tanks.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #11

Quote:

I use a Y if we are in a spot for an extended length of time. Otherwise one area at a time.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:47 AM   #12

Thanks everyone - taking delivery on the 2018 369XL on Saturday. Hoping to get a couple nights in it before winter storage (Indiana). Appreciate the help!
Old 10-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #13

We are in NH so this is probably our last time out this season.
Something else you might know already, if your plugged into 50a you can run your hot water and heat off of the electric.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #14

If we are on electric, does the furnace have electric heating elements in it, or is the Fan running on electric and the heat still comes from the propane? Our last unit worked this way. Would be cool if we saved propane while on electric...
Old 10-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #15

Quote:
We are in NH so this is probably our last time out this season.
Something else you might know already, if your plugged into 50a you can run your hot water and heat off of the electric.

I know how to run the hot water heater via electric but how is the furnace run off electric?
Old 10-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #16

I haven't heard of the furnace running off of shore power to produce heat. I always thought the furnace had a 12 volt fan and propane flame. Now my A/C's have heat strips and I close most of the vents to raise the heat output.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperman View Post
I haven't heard of the furnace running off of shore power to produce heat. I always thought the furnace had a 12 volt fan and propane flame. Now my A/C's have heat strips and I close most of the vents to raise the heat output.

I agree. That’s what I assumed but I wanted to ask as it seemed to be implied above. I do use my fireplace instead of the furnace so far
Old 10-20-2018, 05:36 PM   #18

Quote:

Couple questions:

Thanks!

-scott

Have a 2017 369XL which is just like the 2018. Love the floor plan. Front and back baths have separate Black and gray water systems. Front grey and black water dump handles are up and closer toward the back of the compartment. A Have to reach in and up to reach them. But, workable! Both also have their own tank wash.
patyoung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalb20 View Post
I agree. That’s what I assumed but I wanted to ask as it seemed to be implied above. I do use my fireplace instead of the furnace so far
Yes, heat strips in the ac unit. I use the fireplace as well.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:27 AM   #20
2018 31L5

The front AC unit is also a heat pump that will provide heat until the outdoor temp is below 45......it then pulls the propane furnace into use automatically
bobotty is offline   Reply With Quote