Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #1

Converter

So right after I bought my 2011 Georgetown I had to replace my converter. Never had a chance to notice on the old one but this one the fan runs all the time. Is that correct??

Thanks
UYAWNT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
FLY4FUN

Converter Fan...

I don't believe that it should run all of the time, just normally when there is high demand for 12V power (...all lights on, radio/TV, inverter, etc.). Obviously it's for cooling the converter, so it's getting hot from demand...or, maybe, the mounting area doesn't afford sufficient air flow? ...just some thoughts.
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:16 PM   #3

Well after not really finding a answer here I went to the Parallax Power Supply web site. In the FAQ page I found this....

Q: Why doesn’t the fan on my converter run all of the time?
A: The fan installed on your 4400/8300 series converter is thermostatically controlled and will only run when needed. The 5300 series models 5355 is also thermostatically triggered and will cycle on and off as needed. The 5400 series models 5465, 5475, and 5490 cooling fans operate constantly. Simplified 45 and 55 DC Ampere model fans are thermostatically triggered. 65, 75, and 90 DC Ampere model fans operate constantly.
UYAWNT2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter