Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Converter/Charger to battery voltage

I have a question about the amount of voltage drop that would be considered normal between the Converter/Charger output terminals and the input terminals of the BCC. I see 13.68 volts at the Converter/Charger output terminals and only 12.07 volts on the input terminal on the BCC. Is this normal or is there something between the two that could cause a drop of this much?

Thanks
__________________

__________________
wmm1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
Sorry about my ignorance, but what is a "BCC"?
__________________

__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
BBC = Battery Control Center usually located near the coach batteries.
__________________
wmm1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
I would think the voltage would be the same if you are measuring it on the input side of the BCC
__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm1955 View Post
I have a question about the amount of voltage drop that would be considered normal between the Converter/Charger output terminals and the input terminals of the BCC. I see 13.68 volts at the Converter/Charger output terminals and only 12.07 volts on the input terminal on the BCC. Is this normal or is there something between the two that could cause a drop of this much?

Thanks
There is no 12 volt input voltage on the converter so im not sure what your trying to measure .
the input to the converter should be 110v ac the output voltage should be dc voltage .
please explain .


Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
The 12 volt input I am referring to is the one coming from the converter/charger which ends up going to the 12 volt inpur side of the BCC.
__________________
wmm1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm1955
The 12 volt input I am referring to is the one coming from the converter/charger which ends up going to the 12 volt inpur side of the BCC.
Gotcha.
In theory it should be the same.

What is voltage at your batteries?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
I figured that as well, that they should be the same. The voltage at the battery is the same as it is at the BCC(12.07). I think I may have found the problem. There is a little black box mounted to the frame that the power wire from the converter is attached to on one side and then goes to the input side of the BCC. I have 13.68 volts going in, but not coming out the other side. The other side has the same voltage as the battery. I believe the little black box is a circuit breaker of some type, that may not be functioning correctly. Won't have a chance to do some more testing until later.
__________________
wmm1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm1955
I figured that as well, that they should be the same. The voltage at the battery is the same as it is at the BCC(12.07). I think I may have found the problem. There is a little black box mounted to the frame that the power wire from the converter is attached to on one side and then goes to the input side of the BCC. I have 13.68 volts going in, but not coming out the other side. The other side has the same voltage as the battery. I believe the little black box is a circuit breaker of some type, that may not be functioning correctly. Won't have a chance to do some more testing until later.
Sounds like your on point !
Update when u can.

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,156
Here is the wiring diagram for the BCC and it might help you find the fuse/current limiter that is open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery_Control_Schematic.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	19942  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BiDirectional Isolator Relay Delay.pdf (105.0 KB, 41 views)
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battery, voltage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.