Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtation View Post
Gasoline fumes are heavier than air, reefers are more than 2 feet above ground no matter what the camper or coach. I would love for anyone that is conversant with science and logic to detail a method that produces a scenario that is dangerous when refueling that does not include dysfunctional logic. It took several years after Nixon was impeached for the government to ban smoking while refueling. Which horse was in what place in what position regarding which cart at that time? This was long after good science recommended grounding containers, filling small tanks on the ground and not using glass containers. There can be significant static charge developed when pumping fuel. I will continue to operate my fridge while traveling unless directed otherwise while on-board vessels or transiting tunnels.
Well written but maybe not so accurate. Gasoline is a very volatile fast moving gas once released from a container. Air touching the surface naturally rises and carries surrounding gases with it. You cannot detect where It's collecting, or its concentration. If you had an explosimeter handy, by time you had a bad reading, it would be too late.

Diesel oil is nearly as bad, plenty of Internet videos prove this. Just sayin stay safe
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:12 PM   #42
WDK

Quote:
Gasoline fumes are heavier than air, reefers are more than 2 feet above ground no matter what the camper or coach. I would love for anyone that is conversant with science and logic to detail a method that produces a scenario that is dangerous when refueling that does not include dysfunctional logic. It took several years after Nixon was impeached for the government to ban smoking while refueling. Which horse was in what place in what position regarding which cart at that time? This was long after good science recommended grounding containers, filling small tanks on the ground and not using glass containers. There can be significant static charge developed when pumping fuel. I will continue to operate my fridge while traveling unless directed otherwise while on-board vessels or transiting tunnels.

I will do the same.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
You can buy a three way option frig or you can install an outlet if you don't already have one to an inverter and run AC off your batteries as you travel but I am still for using the propane.

WDK
3-way refrigerators work best in small trailers because the energy required for cooling is relatively small. A 6-8 cubic foot refrigerator in many TT and 5th wheel campers needs about 400 watts of power to generate heat for the absorption cooling process. Creating 400 watts at 12 volts would require approximately 30 amps from your battery/alternator or multiple batteries. You would also have to calculate the needed cable size to AND from the battery from the refrigerator. The required wiring and battery capacity would make this impractical. The same 400 watts at 120 volts would only require about 3 amps. Recharging from the TV alternator would have the same cabling problems. You would get some recharge from the vehicle but not 30 amp - distance and cable size would be limiting. Installing an inverter close to the battery and running on 120 volts might be an option.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #44

Smile Un-winterizing

This is our first time on a forum, hope this is right. We just unwinterized our 2014 Georgetown 351 bunkhouse for the first time. Everything seems ok except there is no water going to the frig. We can hear the ice maker asking for water, but it is not happening. Can anyone help
Gram and Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #45

Quote:
I didn't Realize that it is (NIXONs) fault in regards to Turning off Propane while stopping at a Gas station! This is Very Helpful? Youroo!! You are Wrong, Nixon (Resigned)!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram and Papa View Post
This is our first time on a forum, hope this is right. We just unwinterized our 2014 Georgetown 351 bunkhouse for the first time. Everything seems ok except there is no water going to the frig. We can hear the ice maker asking for water, but it is not happening. Can anyone help

Sounds like your water valve is closed that supplies the ice maker. It's located under kitchen counter. Look under sink or under the drawer to right of sink and should see a small pex line going into a valve on the cold water blue pex line of sink faucet. Open it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #47

Thanks 😀
Gram and Papa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator