Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtation View Post
Gasoline fumes are heavier than air, reefers are more than 2 feet above ground no matter what the camper or coach. I would love for anyone that is conversant with science and logic to detail a method that produces a scenario that is dangerous when refueling that does not include dysfunctional logic. It took several years after Nixon was impeached for the government to ban smoking while refueling. Which horse was in what place in what position regarding which cart at that time? This was long after good science recommended grounding containers, filling small tanks on the ground and not using glass containers. There can be significant static charge developed when pumping fuel. I will continue to operate my fridge while traveling unless directed otherwise while on-board vessels or transiting tunnels.
Well written but maybe not so accurate. Gasoline is a very volatile fast moving gas once released from a container. Air touching the surface naturally rises and carries surrounding gases with it. You cannot detect where It's collecting, or its concentration. If you had an explosimeter handy, by time you had a bad reading, it would be too late.

Diesel oil is nearly as bad, plenty of Internet videos prove this. Just sayin stay safe
__________________

__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:12 PM   #42
WDK
Senior Member
 
WDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Jacinto
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtation View Post
Gasoline fumes are heavier than air, reefers are more than 2 feet above ground no matter what the camper or coach. I would love for anyone that is conversant with science and logic to detail a method that produces a scenario that is dangerous when refueling that does not include dysfunctional logic. It took several years after Nixon was impeached for the government to ban smoking while refueling. Which horse was in what place in what position regarding which cart at that time? This was long after good science recommended grounding containers, filling small tanks on the ground and not using glass containers. There can be significant static charge developed when pumping fuel. I will continue to operate my fridge while traveling unless directed otherwise while on-board vessels or transiting tunnels.

I will do the same.

WDK
__________________

__________________
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDK View Post
You can buy a three way option frig or you can install an outlet if you don't already have one to an inverter and run AC off your batteries as you travel but I am still for using the propane.

WDK
3-way refrigerators work best in small trailers because the energy required for cooling is relatively small. A 6-8 cubic foot refrigerator in many TT and 5th wheel campers needs about 400 watts of power to generate heat for the absorption cooling process. Creating 400 watts at 12 volts would require approximately 30 amps from your battery/alternator or multiple batteries. You would also have to calculate the needed cable size to AND from the battery from the refrigerator. The required wiring and battery capacity would make this impractical. The same 400 watts at 120 volts would only require about 3 amps. Recharging from the TV alternator would have the same cabling problems. You would get some recharge from the vehicle but not 30 amp - distance and cable size would be limiting. Installing an inverter close to the battery and running on 120 volts might be an option.
__________________
2013 Flagstaff 8528IKWS, 2006 F-350 6.0L
DickiedooFlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 6
Smile Un-winterizing

This is our first time on a forum, hope this is right. We just unwinterized our 2014 Georgetown 351 bunkhouse for the first time. Everything seems ok except there is no water going to the frig. We can hear the ice maker asking for water, but it is not happening. Can anyone help
__________________
Gram and Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtation View Post
Gasoline fumes are heavier than air, reefers are more than 2 feet above ground no matter what the camper or coach. I would love for anyone that is conversant with science and logic to detail a method that produces a scenario that is dangerous when refueling that does not include dysfunctional logic. It took several years after Nixon was impeached for the government to ban smoking while refueling. Which horse was in what place in what position regarding which cart at that time? This was long after good science recommended grounding containers, filling small tanks on the ground and not using glass containers. There can be significant static charge developed when pumping fuel. I will continue to operate my fridge while traveling unless directed otherwise while on-board vessels or transiting tunnels.
I didn't Realize that it is (NIXONs) fault in regards to Turning off Propane while stopping at a Gas station! This is Very Helpful? Youroo!! You are Wrong, Nixon (Resigned)!
__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #46
Member
 
GABoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram and Papa View Post
This is our first time on a forum, hope this is right. We just unwinterized our 2014 Georgetown 351 bunkhouse for the first time. Everything seems ok except there is no water going to the frig. We can hear the ice maker asking for water, but it is not happening. Can anyone help


Sounds like your water valve is closed that supplies the ice maker. It's located under kitchen counter. Look under sink or under the drawer to right of sink and should see a small pex line going into a valve on the cold water blue pex line of sink faucet. Open it.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
Chevy Colorado Crew
GABoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #47
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 6
Thanks 😀
__________________

__________________
Gram and Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
refrigerator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.