Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 12:20 AM   #1

creeping slide

I have a 2007 Georgetown XL 359TS. 2 slides on drivers side are hydraulic. The main slide is fine, but the bedroom slide creeps in after being extended. Last summer, this same slide actually did the opposite, it slowly creeped out. Any idea what the problem might be?
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #2

Hankster, have you lubed the seals and the moving parts under the slide? I lube mine almost every time I go. Seals better and moves better. Just an idea!
Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #3

As per Lippert on mine doing the same thing one of the valves on the hyd unit is leaking internal. In 06 they changed the hyd unit, mine has the old unit and they tell me parts are not available for it and they will upgrade mine for $5000, isn't that so nice of them beings as the unit isn't 10 years old yet.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:16 AM   #4

Agree one of the valves on the pump is leaking not sure which valve control is the one but you should be able to search if what I post is not the one for your rig.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slide out manual 2.pdf (2.67 MB, 81 views)
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:53 AM   #5

Just as a check you might want to verify the allen head screw in the end of your valve is snugged fully counterclockwise. Also, low fluid can cause a creep. If only one end is creeping could be that end actuator leaking internally allowing fluid bypass. Sounds like valve issue though.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for the help. I will check out your suggestions when it cools down here. Camping in Mesa AZ and today it is a cool 100 degrees.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:07 AM   #7

I managed to add a quart of automatic transmission fluid and it has cured the problem for now. I will continue to monitor the fluid level over the next 2 weeks as there could still be a fluid leak. For now, I am again a happy camper.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:20 AM   #8

So adding fluid to the hydraulic system did NOT solve the problem. I still have the bedroom slide creeping in about 6 inches. Also, when I put the main slide out, the bedroom slide will come all the way in. The valve for the bedroom slide on the lippert system has been replaced without changing anything.

Tags
slide