Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #1

Cup Holder

Well there is another thread about dash covers that has a real good link for them. Made me think about needing some kind of cup holder between driver and passenger seat while under way. To inconvenient to reach down to the holder supplied at the bottom of the "if you can call it a console". I've looked in a couple of RV supply catalogs but haven't seen anything good. I do like the idea you see in some rigs, perhaps Coachman's that have the table mount in the floor upfront and can be stowed when not in use or to be used turning around the drive seats.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Well there is another thread about dash covers that has a real good link for them. Made me think about needing some kind of cup holder between driver and passenger seat while under way. To inconvenient to reach down to the holder supplied at the bottom of the "if you can call it a console". I've looked in a couple of RV supply catalogs but haven't seen anything good. I do like the idea you see in some rigs, perhaps Coachman's that have the table mount in the floor upfront and can be stowed when not in use or to be used turning around the drive seats.

Don't you have one on the drivers side left console?
In the 2012 their is one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f_367001597-1680377210.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	20825  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #3

I'm also looking for a cup holder/map homder for the passengers side outer wall like this picture.
Presently DW only have a cheap plastic holder mounted on wall.

Here are two pictures that caught my eye around here that I like but they are all home made.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cup%20holder.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	20829   Click image for larger version

Name:	from-trees-to-these_rv_cabinets8.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	20830  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Don't you have one on the drivers side left console?
In the 2012 their is one.
So that’s what that/those are! HA we thought they were only useful for small items.

Seriously… we gave up on them, too many spills.

"Attwood Mug Size Beverage Holder"

I mounted one of these on the passenger side dash just above/left of the AC vent.
Leave the cozy in the box and it works pretty well.

ab and jb
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

I installed a few of these around the RV. This exact model is found for lots cheaper at Walmart, and some other places...........usually in the Automotive section.

WEST MARINE Folding Drink Holder at West Marine

Specifically on the walls just under the sliding windows right beside the pilot and co-pilot seats (on wall right where the stock ones are that Iggy shows) Put another one in reach of the sofa beside the kitchen counter. Handy in the bedroom too.........any wall mount location.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #6

Thanks for the link to West Marine kenandterry. Used to shop them back in my boating days. I had the exact same cup holders in my 2000 Allegro and they worked great. Iggy, I do not have one in my left arm rest as you show in your pic. That would solve the problem as I am left handed. Where your cup holder is I just have a big piece of plastic and I was considering cutting a hole in it and inserting some kind of holder.

abjb, I would take the cozy out and wrap it around an ice cold beer, of course when I'm at the campsite enjoying the lifestyle.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Thanks for the link to West Marine kenandterry. Used to shop them back in my boating days. I had the exact same cup holders in my 2000 Allegro and they worked great. Iggy, I do not have one in my left arm rest as you show in your pic. That would solve the problem as I am left handed. Where your cup holder is I just have a big piece of plastic and I was considering cutting a hole in it and inserting some kind of holder.

abjb, I would take the cozy out and wrap it around an ice cold beer, of course when I'm at the campsite enjoying the lifestyle.
All it looks like is a glues in cup holder insert like we have in the center console.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #8

sherman here is abetter picture.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cup.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	20920  
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #9

Thanks Iggy!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #10

Cup Holders

I've installed several of the WEST MARINE style Folding Drink Holders around the coach - on the walls either side of the bed, on the wall either side of the sofa, and on the wall next to co-pilot chair. FYI, I saw these same cup holders in August installed next to the co-pilot chairs on new Georgetowns on the assembly line at the Indiana factory.

Ron Johnson
Georgetown 2011 DS360
rjohnso3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
Kanadian Kamper

Another thing I like about the West Marine style shown, is they are deeper than the ones in the console (things don't spill) and with the adjustable arms they hold more different styles of cups/bottles securely.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
I installed a few of these around the RV. This exact model is found for lots cheaper at Walmart, and some other places...........usually in the Automotive section.

WEST MARINE Folding Drink Holder at West Marine

Specifically on the walls just under the sliding windows right beside the pilot and co-pilot seats (on wall right where the stock ones are that Iggy shows) Put another one in reach of the sofa beside the kitchen counter. Handy in the bedroom too.........any wall mount location.
These work great, and will fit a variety of container sizes. You can find them online for $4.00 and up. West Marine pays less than a buck for them!
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote