Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
I've been and industrial technician for 20+years and I can tell ya, it's REALLY hard to time two hydraulic cylinders to work together with much precision.

Foothills of NC
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 309BHL
2004 F-150 4x4 Super Crew
Equalizer WDH
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
LunaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
I also have experience with syncing 2 cylinders and agree with you 100% Luna Tech, the only way is to mechanically link them together or flow divide / combine

win is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Alas dealer told me same thing when we picked up the unit so we have never run them in or out without being connected to shore power. Waiting to hear back from Lippert. My opening request was changing out the hydraulic pump and everything from the hyrdaulic manifold port out for the main and right slides (valve, solenoid, lines and rams). They can test them to their hearts content at the factory to figure it out rather than having me going back and forth to the dealer while they experiment. We'll see what their response is......
SinkorSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
Originally Posted by SinkorSwim View Post
Well picked up the new unit, did the inspection, found about a half dozen really small things, had the dealer do some add ons we wanted and spent a few nights at a local RV park and everything was great. We really love the layout and everything was working perfectly.

Went to retract the main slide and zing one slider starts to lag and we are diagonal on the slide track. Tried jocking in out but in slide always lagging behind the other so always diagonal. Tried rasing the jacks to put more hydrauic fliud in the resivoir and no joy. Of course the missing manual on pickup was the slider manual so started surfing the Lippet site for the online one. Found one that kinda looked like it but no quite, guess they are sending some units out with a pump that needs a half inch socket to drive the manual retract rather than the hex drill bit. Anyways decided the manual overide was not going to work as the pump was spinning fine already just the rams are wonky so used the hex key to allow fluid flow on that ram pair and managed to push them in manually to the lip point, then reapplied the pump to get them up the lip and then had to push them in the last bit. Falls in the "grrr" category, wife was feeling pretty happy about the new unit up till that point.

What I dont get is what keeps the two rams in synch? They are off the same slot on the hyrdaulic manifold but if one has a bit more drag than the other I cant see anything in the design that stops them from getting out of synch and going on a diagonal like ours did?

Ours also has that issue with hyrdaulic fluid blow by on the resivoir cap once the sponge becomes saturated. Going to talk to the dealer about that as well.

Soooo bottom line very pleased with everything BUT the slider system.....kinda seems like a mickey mouse, brute force design, some sort of track/bearings/pulley system should even let you roll these puppies out by hand if designed right....also the manual retract system is not a backup cable system like i expected, if the seal on your ram is gone or if you have an air lock or hydraulic cable issue you have no manual retract capability as the backup manual retract uses all those components......

On the plus side the shower is waaay better than I expected. Road noise when driving is waaaayy quieter than expected. Still gotta figure out where to put wet towels(thinking hooks mounted to inside of shower wall?) and find a way to lower shower mount so my wife isn't taking the jet in the face (thinking swivel mount or second mount?) Also dealer says new units have built in 45psi pressure regulator, but can't see anything in the documention so am a wee bit concerned on if I buy in or not......

Sun's thinking about coming up, off to dealer, thanks again to all who helped us with answering questions during the prepurchase phase. "Think" its gunna work out once we squash a few more bugs.

I maybe able to address the leaking cap on reservoir,your right sponge gets saturated an you loose about a teaspoon each time, i have talked with LCI tech an from there mouths they haven't heard of that, i had rv tech look at it, but there's been no resolve to this point an we're almost 1 yr old, so i got to thinking, take the sponge out of the cap an i did an had wife operate the levelers, you can hear the amount of air leaving the bottle very well, an to this point after operating everything 4-5 times i see no leak, so give that a try an see what you think, there's no pressure in bottle an apparently air just needs to get out quicker .... as far as wet towels go, you want them outside or get a washer / dryer combo to dry towels, humidity is your enemy an you want to do all you can to keep it out, we even wipe down shower when we're done , an when not in use we use a dehumidifier, shower head ? be a sport an hold it for your wife
Slides, can't help you but they scare me .... happy trails

SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote