Old 07-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #11

All my Garmin updates are posted on the Review Thread here: Garmin RV 760LMT - Announced

As far as Earl, the mobile RV Fix It guy, he was very timely, efficient and (IHMO) very expensive! He came out the night which I called him to put in a temporary bolt so we could use the stairs until he could properly fix them. GREAT customer service! He then returned the next day and put in the "real fix". We were gone so I'm not sure how long he worked on the issue. However, he returned during dinner time to make sure all was working well and for payment... that being $331.12!!! There was a $100 service call charge, a $38 Grade 8 bolt, and the rest was labor. April said that FR would cover the costs however I just feel bad that it's SO expensive!!!! Maybe that's a going rate, I don't know however I'm usually really frugal spending money regardless if it's mine or someone else's! However, steps are functioning again!! When we get home, April said she'd put in the system that a Kwikee step set would be swapped out for the LCI currently on the coach due to the problems that they're encountering across the board.

Cherry Hill's bathrooms are VERY clean!! Like I stated above, it's a bit noisy here. One of our complaints (minor but a safety issue) is that although they have life guards on staff, they're not doing their jobs (talking with backs turned to pool, texting, etc.). So, if you have kids and are going swimming, it's much like any other campgrounds... patrol your own!

Now we're off to the National Mall to visit the War Memorials.

http://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMSNT View Post
One of our complaints (minor but a safety issue) is that although they have life guards on staff, they're not doing their jobs (talking with backs turned to pool, texting, etc.). So, if you have kids and are going swimming, it's much like any other campgrounds... patrol your own!
Since you're still there- I'd strongly recommend that you mention it to the manager on duty.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
phat phrog stunt crew

for the stripped screws, i would suggest getting some zip ties, cutting the pointy end off and insert them into the screw hole and reinstall screw. or, toothpicks would work equally well. they will take up the excess clearance made by stripped screw and give screw something to bite into.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #14

Which bolt was it that broke. Al the way at the top under the stairs where there is the main attachment point or one of the bolts from a step off of the scissors type side braces? The bolt that the picture of that was posted, would that be the one?
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Which bolt was it that broke. Al the way at the top under the stairs where there is the main attachment point or one of the bolts from a step off of the scissors type side braces? The bolt that the picture of that was posted, would that be the one?
The bolt which holds the gear on. If you need me to refer to the Lippert part guide, I can look it up and be more precise.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #16

For those of you watching this thread about the new Garmin RV 760, I posted my final review here: Garmin RV 760 LMT

Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #17

Hey Chris, if you get the chance to post the Lippert part # that would be great. To have extra's on hand is a good idea. Is there anything Lippert makes that is any good? No wonder they went bankrupt and Warren Buffet and Co.'s bought them, probably cheap too!

By the way, Thanks for the camp ground review at Cherry Hill. That has been on my mind for a year or so as a future short trip from Buffalo, NY. Have read many a review on it and I don't think any has mentioned the highway noise as prevalent as you have. How long in advance, if you did, did you make your reservation?
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
By the way, Thanks for the camp ground review at Cherry Hill. That has been on my mind for a year or so as a future short trip from Buffalo, NY. Have read many a review on it and I don't think any has mentioned the highway noise as prevalent as you have. How long in advance, if you did, did you make your reservation?
There's no way to avoid the highway noise - it's literally a stone's throw from it. BUT- it's still the easiest way to get into the city and do the touristy thing.

The other option is Capitol KOA in Millersville, MD. I give them for a recent response to a poster on rv.net about staying there while being an outpatient at Johns Hopkins. I think any company that helps patients and their families at hospitals worthy of 2-thumbs-up. I believe that they have shuttles that will take you down into DC. But, I'd bet it's a good 45 minute ride.

There's a national park in Beltsville, I think- but it's without hookups. If you're setup for that, then it's an inexpensive way to go.

And, there are various parks in northern Virginia. Most of those are going to be a short ride to a metro station and then you can take the train into the city. I stayed at Bull Run Regional Park in Centreville, VA. I've also heard of Duncan Family Campground (never stayed, though).
Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Hey Chris, if you get the chance to post the Lippert part # that would be great. To have extra's on hand is a good idea. Is there anything Lippert makes that is any good? No wonder they went bankrupt and Warren Buffet and Co.'s bought them, probably cheap too!

I attached a portion of the PDF that shows the bolt numbers. I'm not sure the exact one I had. Here's the link it came from: Coach Steps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LiopertBolt.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	35578  

Old 07-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #20

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
[QUOTE=ChrisMSNT;423924]I attached a portion of the PDF that shows the bolt numbers. I'm not sure the exact one I had. Here's the link it came from: Coach Steps[/QUOTE

That's the one. The trick is to get the broken part of the bolt out of the nut without taking the steps of the coach.

Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote