Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #1

Talking Dead Coach Batts

For some reason all of a sudden after a flawless summer of camping the house batts are being drained. Everything is shut off that I can think of including the main relay to the coach. I can not think of anything that would be draining the house batts. The motor batt is fine. Abosolutely nothing is on in the coach...any suggestions. Forgot to mention we have a 2011 Georgetown 360...
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

12 volt carbon monoxide is hard wired to run even if breaker is shut off as well as smoke detectors if they are wired and not run on 9 volt .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Lottery Non-Winner

Yes there is a constant drain even when the DC cutout switch is switched. CO and gas leak detectors as f1100turbo has stated. But the impact should not be that significant if the batteries are good and the system is working right.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #4

When I throw the main coach disconnect the light on the Co/propane detector goes out so I assume there is no current going to it. I know it is hard wired into a cable cover because I looked to see if I could unplug it and I could not. If this is true I will take the back off the detector and put meter on the connections to see if there is juice there... will try that tomorrow..thanks.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #5

i just had to replace 1 battery on my coach ,dead cell issue coach was 53 weeks old
FR warranty on coach is 1 year so i was on my own to find an Exide dealer none in my area so i paid BoatnRv $100.00 an new one works well so far.
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #6

If you have power near motor home get a trickle charger to keep battery fully charged. One that will clean the plates of the battery from time to time. Sorry had a problem spelling and used clean for suffocate. dictionary is in coach.
whitebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #7

Me too:

I came home from 68 days in FL in March, (topped off the water in my batteries) had about 20 days spread over three trips this summer. Came home two weeks ago and plugged into 120V AC in my storage. Boiled my 10 month old batteries dry and now, they don't want to take a charge. #%*&!

Looks like I may be buying new 12V batts before the next FL trip!

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote