Old 11-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
Dealer too busy to take care of warranty items

The dealer where I bought by first motorhome in July 2014 Georgetown 328 told me they are too busy to take care of warranty items. I live in Des Moines Iowa and have been waiting for over a month on just a reply and was told today when I called it would be 2 months before I can get in. One item is the windshield wiper not hitting the glass, so driving in the rain is a safety hazard.
Can anyone point me to a dealer or factory who can help?
Is this lack of service after the sale normal in the RV industry?

JPHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Site Team
Originally Posted by JPHansen View Post
Is this lack of service after the sale normal in the RV industry?
Unfortunately, it is way too common.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I've just ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.... I will keep you posted.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
Try contacting the Georgetown Warranty manager for assistance in finding a dealer or mobile repair company that doesn't have their thumbs up their tushes:
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
My dealer told me 6 to 8 weeks to get in for warranty service. It may be easier and quicker to just take your motorhome to a local mechanic for something important like a windshield wiper.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
I'm not sure on a motorhome but I put rain-x on my truck windshield and didn't even need my wipers, it may get you by till you get it fixed.
themounties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
If your handy take a look under the front cowl.. There are a few adjustments one pushes the arm (mounting base)in and one pushes the arm out... Then there are turnbuckle type adjusters to limit travel... But as mentioned above..Rain X works best...I'm in Florida and have driven to torrential downpours without using my wipers .... Rain x works great..
2010 Georgetown 300FWSSouth Florida
speedjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
Just my opinion from experience, document the problems and get a response time in writing. That way they can not state that items are beyond the warranty period.
cgotto1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
I had the same issue with My dealer in Tampa, I called them Thursday because my Microwave started acting up. They told me the earliest they could get me in was January. WTF???????

She said the MFG would be pretty much shut down over the next few weeks and it would be difficult to get warranty authorizations through the system. My thoughts, they need a better system.

Then she suggested I call Frigidaire to see if they could send someone out. He is going to meet me at my location Tuesday.
2014 Georgetown XL 352QS
2013 Days Camped-10 (in a rental)
2014 Days Camped-52
2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-32
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
Components are under each respective warranty. If no response, then call FR. You can receive authorization for repairs without returning to the original selling dealer. There are mobile RV repair services in most places. If you are unsure, call a nearby campground or two for references. I bought my Silverback from a dealer 500 miles south of Atlanta. Never planned on returning. Had issues resolved at Rally in Goshen. We have been VERY satisfied with FR and quality off the line. We would buy the same unit again. Our previous unit was Keystone and they also stepped up with remote service warranties. We now simply prefer FR because of the Rally concept and stepping up with this type of fun experience combined with excellent customer service. To us, more of a belonging to a group feeling.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
SilverbackMel: How did you get stuff taken care of at rally? This is all new to me. Thanks

JPHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

dealer, warranty