Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #21

Keep your foot on the dealer. I had some warranty issues. After a couple of weeks I asked for update from dealer. They said parts ordered and waiting on FR for approval. Waited another 2 weeks. same answer. I called FR and they had not heard anything from dealer. Talked to dealer service manager, he said computer order system was down for over a week and they got behind. Then I talked to store general manager. He called in service manager into his office and discussed my issues. It did not take long after that discussion. Again, squeeky wheel got the grease. Sometimes you have put your foot down and take to a higher authority within the dealer.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #22

I hope this issue isn't with a Camping World store some where, if so all bets are off. your are on your own with FR, sign up for the FROG rally they will help you out there.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
Keep your foot on the dealer. I had some warranty issues. After a couple of weeks I asked for update from dealer. They said parts ordered and waiting on FR for approval. Waited another 2 weeks. same answer. I called FR and they had not heard anything from dealer. Talked to dealer service manager, he said computer order system was down for over a week and they got behind. Then I talked to store general manager. He called in service manager into his office and discussed my issues. It did not take long after that discussion. Again, squeeky wheel got the grease. Sometimes you have put your foot down and take to a higher authority within the dealer.
I am planning on. It looks like next Monday I will head there and pick it up. We are going to plan a 3 night camping trip near the dealer and make sure we are good. I plan on running the gen for several hours to make sure it is right.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #24

bclinton, don't be shy. You need to be extremely aggressive with both your dealer and with Forest River when it comes to warranty claims. Any written correspondence with your dealer should also be copied to Forest River. Be very clear on your correspondence on the issues, and list the dates and times when you previously corresponded with the dealer.

My wife and I had miserable service from the dealer from whom we bought our Cardinal 5th Wheel two years ago. There were more than half a dozen warranty issues that the dealership acknowledged they would fix. There was so much personnel turnover at the dealership during the weeks that we sought correction, that every time we visited the dealership in person, we were directed to talk to a new hire!! None of the new hires had any clue what the issues were!!

We finally managed to contact the dealership's General Manager, and he took charge of fixing all of our claims. Don't be shy, raise a fuss, make sure the factory is aware of the problems and that you are not being served.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #25

Bclinton - having same type of issues with dealer (one of the biggest in the country - according to them) on my new ‘18 Georgetown XL 378. I am handling most of my discussions with them via e-mail & text (to which they rarely respond) so I can produce proof if needed going forward. So far I’ve resorted to direct contact with FR - Georgetown/FR3 division warranty folks, East Division. They sent me some parts I could remove/replace myself in a few days. I have been waiting since the middle of December to get this supposed awesome dealership to schedule me in to do the repairs I can’t. Heading there Wednesday, finally, so we’ll see if they are finally true to their word. If not, you’ll all hear about it here & if I get my Golden Ticket, at Goshen, and on their FB page. You may also be very specific with your info and try jhood@forestriverinc.com - Georgetown warranty dept...good luck...
Old 04-09-2018, 08:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkekflyers View Post
Bclinton - having same type of issues with dealer (one of the biggest in the country - according to them) on my new ‘18 Georgetown XL 378. I am handling most of my discussions with them via e-mail & text (to which they rarely respond) so I can produce proof if needed going forward. So far I’ve resorted to direct contact with FR - Georgetown/FR3 division warranty folks, East Division. They sent me some parts I could remove/replace myself in a few days. I have been waiting since the middle of December to get this supposed awesome dealership to schedule me in to do the repairs I can’t. Heading there Wednesday, finally, so we’ll see if they are finally true to their word. If not, you’ll all hear about it here & if I get my Golden Ticket, at Goshen, and on their FB page. You may also be very specific with your info and try jhood@forestriverinc.com - Georgetown warranty dept...good luck...
Man! sorry you are going through it. It's shocking to me that we pay so much for something and there seems to be expected to have issues like this. If I read the lemon law book they sent me correctly here in Arkansas it does not cover motor homes. How can that happen? If there was recourse available to a buyer you would see this change quickly...
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #27

I have been really surprised at THIS particular dealerships actions. Like I said, we’ll see what happens Wednesday...and go from there..
I’m not going to be vindictive, but will allow the facts speak for themselves....sometimes the truth hurts..... this
Old 04-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #28

Dealing with Dealer

Call Forest River they will take care of you. I had the same issue from a Nation wide dealer. Called Forest River all things fixed. Never been back to that Dealer
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:52 PM   #29

Sadly, the quality of service, responsiveness, and honesty from most of the RV dealerships we have dealt with in the past 40+ years is miserable at best. Unacceptable.

If these dealers were competing in the market place for commercial cars and trucks, they wouldn't last more than 6 months. This has been the pattern with all the RV dealers and manufacturers that we have dealt with since we bought our first pop-up trailer in the 1970's. The commitment to customer service from the great majority of RV dealers and manufacturers is simply non-existent. Bad business model. Maybe that's why there is so much turnover among employees.

We are fortunate to have been able to deal with independent, local contractors here in SoCal who specialize in servicing the needs of RV owners. They know they have to perform or they're out of business.
Jakieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #30

Dealing with the dealer on warranty issues

I wish you luck. I have had unfortunate luck dealing with FR, or before I get jumped on, Rockwood/Flagstaff. I have received all the email correspondence between the dealer and FR. All the while FR approving sending a shipment of materials ordered back in Jan and paying to expedite them and still not following through. My dealer ultimately canceled parts of the order and went to plan B to get me taken care of. I received the phone number to the parts manager of FR or Rockwood/Flagstaff only for him to tell me it’s company policy that they don’t deal with customers and all transactions must be done through the dealer.

That being said, my RV was broken into 2 months after buying it brand new. Needless to say I still haven’t gotten back yet.

So good luck. Put pressure where you can and hope someone cares to actually step up to help you. This is my 3rd FR RV and will be the last.
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:15 AM   #31

Gawd. You don’t believe in the warranty’s do ya
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #32

Cool

I said earlier that we’d see if they are true to their word....well....sort of...got to the dealership Wednesday - got an early start...3 hours later got there. Got with our new service advisor, the other off for family funeral...OK understand that...he was detailed with us, went over every item on the lists, went to the unit, went over lists again so he could see everything..helped clear a few items and said all the parts we’re here, techs will come get the rig, get it in the bay and shouldn’t take long..1030ish...parked in front of the “Service Pavilion” no shade, rigs everywhere, no shore power available, so fired up genny to keep residential fridge running....they close at 1700...@1600 they finally arrive to take the coach in...1730...got most done, taking it over to “delivery lot, hook up power & water..will have tech out early tomorrow morning to finish last few items....it’s now 1446 Thursday afternoon, haven’t had one tech stop buy...called service advisor, he’s trying to find out what’s going on...good thing we have a couple days cushion in our travel schedule....
Old 04-22-2018, 10:51 AM   #33

Figured I would update this thread since I picked it up.....

They fixed the electrical issue and said the gen was fixed (has not worked since I purchased it 3 months ago error 14 would run for short period and stop). I tried to start the gen and nothing.....went in and got the service rep. He called the tech out and found out the coach disconnect was off....no problem....it started up and as we were talking it died after about 10 minutes. Started it back up and it dies again. Tech advised that they have a 48 point list of things to try and he had got to #29 and found surface rust on the strater? It ran fine after that so he assumed it was ok. Since leaving the dealer I have ran it as long as 1.5 hours and it has ran without shutting down. I am wondering if gas may have been my issue. I have put about 800 miles on the RV so about 1.5 tanks of gas. The MH sat on their lot for no telling how long before I bought it. I have an appointment with the cummins shop near the house for Tuesday. I will run it for at least an hour tomorrow and see what it does. Fingers crossed.....
Old 04-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #34

Is gas tank more than 1/4 full? Won't run below that.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Is gas tank more than 1/4 full? Won't run below that.
Yes, the tank is about 1/4...
Old 04-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #36
dfp

Dealers now have the authority from Forest River to source parts locally, otherwards the waiting for parts excuse is false. Get the exact part, part number is good then source it on Amazon. That info has generally incentivised my dealer.
dfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #37

Cool

OK, last rant then I’m done..about 1545 a porter shows up at our site, he’s here to get the coach. Since I had not heard a peep from them other than first thing this morning, we were fully set up. So, one of the quickest closeups I’ve ever done so he could bug out before quitting time...about 1730 he brought it back with everything done but the AC/Furnace issue which they are supposed to find out from Dometic about their diagnosis. Well, that was Thursday, the 13th. Got up Friday and made our way back to OH. Today’s the 23rd and don’t have an answer yet. FR warranty knows the whole story, hopefully they’ll be able to persuade the local dealer to get it fixed...we all know how that goes...
Old 05-31-2018, 08:21 PM   #38

Warranty repairs

Have been waiting for month to get a warranty repairs ok, so the dealer says. Is this the norm? Isata 3
Scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott123 View Post
Have been waiting for month to get a warranty repairs ok, so the dealer says. Is this the norm? Isata 3
You need to ask this question in the Dynamax sub-forum, not the Georgetown sub-forum.
The Dynamax GM is an active member of the Forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty