Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 AM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Death of the Magnadyne M9900CDS

Yesterday I plugged my iPod into the auxiliary input to listen to some music while packing for our trip this coming weekend. After a total of about 5 seconds I heard a slight pop and that was the end of the sound.
The graph on the face of the radio still shows the input is functioning but no sound. Anyone ever have this happen? I don't think there's a fuse on the speaker side. I guess I'll be looking for a replacement. Anyone out there replaced their Magnadyne Unit? What did you get? Any issues with finding something that would mount in the same area with little or no modifications? I'm not worried about this weekend but do need to find something that will replace this unit. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #2

I believe that opening in the dash is a standard "double din" size so any double din radio should work. Kmart, walmart, bestbuy, any of these would have a set.

Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #3

Wait a moment.....is this the dash radio or something else????? I was talking about the dash radio. If that's not the one, my bust!
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Wait a moment.....is this the dash radio or something else????? I was talking about the dash radio. If that's not the one, my bust!
Yes it's the Dash Radio. Thanks I was looking at the Jensen and was wondering if anyone has that unit. The JRV210B ?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #5

I'm on my second dash mounted Magnadyne Radio/CD player and it is junk just like the first. I'd be interested in what others have too.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #6

I replaced my Magnadyne with a a Kenwood unit back in March. Absolutely love it. Very user friendly, sound is terrific. If y'all have the same Magnadyne that the Class C's have, it is a piece of junk IMHO.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
I believe that opening in the dash is a standard "double din" size so any double din radio should work. Kmart, walmart, bestbuy, any of these would have a set.
Mine is not a double din. It's 1.5 which is 7-1/8" Wide x 3-1/4" tall. Unfortunately the 2.0 Din is 4-3/8" tall and there's not enough free area to make the opening larger.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Eventually I sent my radio back to Magnadyne for repairs. They quoted $60. Received an email that they would call by 7/8/13, Never did! I called them on the 10th, approved the cost and was told it would be done that day and be shipped or would ship the next day. I said to him that it would be great since we were leaving on the 18th and it would be nice to have it in time for the trip. I was told he'll send an email telling if it shipped that day. Never received any email. Called Monday the 15th and was told it was in QC and would ship out Tuesday, but wouldn't be delivered in time for our trip. They refunded $10. We went on our trip and returned on the 21st and the radio was still not there. It arrived on Monday the 22nd. Took it out of the box, installed it and it played fine. However, they forgot to put the brackets back on so the radio locks into the sleeve. Sent them an email and received the reply, Sorry the brackets and screws are being shipped priority mail. They finally showed up on Saturday the 27th. I went to put them on the radio and discovered Magnadyne's tech didn't unscrew the brackets. He drilled the heads off the screws. So now I have to get my easy-out set and remove the stubs left behind. I had to remove the radio completely to be able to do this so none of the metal shavings would end up in the radio. Eventually I got everything back in place and working. I decided to blast them another email about this whole wonderful experience. Never received any reply from them but did get the other $50 back from them. If this radio goes up again I'll figure out something else before I go through this again.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR