Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #1

Dewald Leveller Control Panel

We recently purchased a 2001 Georgetown 306. Very few issues with it except for the Dewald Leveller DN12558 control panel. The toggle for the right side levellers toggle is broken. We can still level the unit somewhat with the front and rear and left side toggles but its a pain in the butt without the right side. I pulled the panel thinking it shouldn't be too difficult to order and install a new toggle switch. What I found was the switches are all integral to the motherboard. I called our local (just started selling Georgetown Class A's) dealer parts dept. She had no part listing for the panel so she fired off an email to Georgetown. What she go back was that they could not help and that we should contact Dewald directly. Unfortunately they had no contact info to give her. She Googled Dewald and came up with PowerGear. She sent an email to them and the reply back was that the panel was completely obsolete with no replacement.
So...now what?
Has anyone encountered this type of problem and come up with a fix?
Heydaveandteena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #2

Dave, I have a 03 GT 346 with the same panel. I've recently developed a problem with the entire hydraulic system that operates my slide and landing gear. I spent a good three hours yesterday changing fluids, and tracing wires. I'm looking further into this, but here is where I am so far. The e-mail I've used to contact the company is info@powergearus.com they have been extremely helpful with sending manuals in pdf format and even spent a bit of time on the phone with me to help me through some of the symptoms I'm experienceing. The manual touchpad is in fact no longer made, they recommended finding an electronics repair shop to drop it off to for repair. PPL Motorhomes does have them in stock under part number 48-9918 for $547.00!!!!! Basically, obsolete part that is worth more than its weight in gold! So I'm now on the hunt for a TV/Appliance repair facility that might have a line on the parts that make up this circut board...
dot76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #3

Dewald Leveller Control

I just came across this thread and even though it is really old, I was wondering if you ever resolved your control panel problem.. I have a Georgetown with the DN12558 control and have been having problems with it since 2009. Had the hydrauilic pump replaced, motor replaced and no it looks like the control panel is crap. If you did find a solution, email me at rmccormack at yahoo dot com. Thanks
maki1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:24 PM   #4

Smile Dewald Levelizer control panel

Hi, I just bought a 2003 GT 346. The level control panel does not come on at all. Key on, parking brake on, but no lights. Any idea where the fuses are.

I checked the fuses under the dash and all but one are good. I found another fuse pane under the step. Am I barking up the right tree?
oracertified2000 is offline   Reply With Quote