Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #1

Diagram for the main slide out for a 2008 georgetown 370 xl

Hello Everyone,

My main slideout is not moving in or out in a straight manner. Looks like the back side of the slide out is moving slower or the front is moving faster. My repair guy called lipper but they claim it's not one of theirs and Forrest river is taking messages. We can't figure out who is making this because we don't have a diagram to see what the issue maybe. It appears that a piece is missing from the back side of the slideout that maybe causing the issue.

The slideout tubes are 2x2 inches and the ramp on each side is on the bottom not the side which Lipper says all theirs are on the side.

Anyone that has a diagram that could share is greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
Hello Everyone,

My main slideout is not moving in or out in a straight manner. Looks like the back side of the slide out is moving slower or the front is moving faster. My repair guy called lipper but they claim it's not one of theirs and Forrest river is taking messages. We can't figure out who is making this because we don't have a diagram to see what the issue maybe. It appears that a piece is missing from the back side of the slideout that maybe causing the issue.

The slideout tubes are 2x2 inches and the ramp on each side is on the bottom not the side which Lipper says all theirs are on the side.

Anyone that has a diagram that could share is greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like they are electric type slide. Yes?
If they are make sure you ar eplugged into shore power and have fully charged batteries.
If you are then I would say you have may have one of your drive motors going bad.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #3

Hey Iggy it's actually the hydraulics one the main slide. Forest river support called me back and I was able to conference call my tech. And it turned out to be a small plastic bushel that tore off the back rail that they sent for free to us. So now we just have to put them in and confirm that was the issue.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man View Post
Hey Iggy it's actually the hydraulics one the main slide. Forest river support called me back and I was able to conference call my tech. And it turned out to be a small plastic bushel that tore off the back rail that they sent for free to us. So now we just have to put them in and confirm that was the issue.
OK now we know. You said it wasn't a Lippert system that threw me.
No problem.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, slide, slide out