Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
We have our grand daughter with us tonight. Went to make up the dinette booth bed for the very first time. There is no way it can be made into a bed! See pics. The back cushions will not fit.Attachment 49253Attachment 49254

Ridiculous!
We had the same situation in a Pop Up we use to have. The cushion will fit. You just have to compress the foam. Unless there is a board in the seatback cushions. If no board put both of the seatback cushions in the middle in the shape of an "A" and just push down until all the cushions compress enough for it to lay flat. You will only need to compress a few inches. Though it may have a tendency to "pop up" on you! Not the best design but doable.

Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
We had the same situation in a Pop Up we use to have. The cushion will fit. You just have to compress the foam. Unless there is a board in the seatback cushions. If no board put both of the seatback cushions in the middle in the shape of an "A" and just push down until all the cushions compress enough for it to lay flat. You will only need to compress a few inches. Though it may have a tendency to "pop up" on you! Not the best design but doable.

Tried that. Works if you want to sleep on top of a mountain. If FR doesn't take care of me, I'll have a cushion made.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #13
2012 Solera

Try moving the seat cushions to the center, then push the seat back cushions in on the outsides (one on each side). Works on our Solera.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Try moving the seat cushions to the center, then push the seat back cushions in on the outsides (one on each side). Works on our Solera.

Seat cushions can't be moved. Mine are fixed and hinged to the back.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Guess I spoke to soon. They replied that I had to use the seat back cushions. That doesn't work. I ain't happy!
It looks like we have two options. One, get some foam and cutout a piece to the dimensions needed. Two, squeeze in the back rests. I prefer option two.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
It looks like we have two options. One, get some foam and cutout a piece to the dimensions needed. Two, squeeze in the back rests. I prefer option two.

We'll try that tonight. Last night we ended up with a big hump in the middle. My issue has been referred to the warranty people. Not optimistic they'll do anything. About all they could do is provide a cushion to fit which I would have to store. Other option is to leave grandkids home or put them in a tent!lol

Have you tried your couch. Mine is L shaped and makes into a big bed. Can't believe how uncomfortable it is. Some hard, some soft with cracks you can fall through.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #17

Quote:
We'll try that tonight. Last night we ended up with a big hump in the middle. My issue has been referred to the warranty people. Not optimistic they'll do anything. About all they could do is provide a cushion to fit which I would have to store. Other option is to leave grandkids home or put them in a tent!lol

Have you tried your couch. Mine is L shaped and makes into a big bed. Can't believe how uncomfortable it is. Some hard, some soft with cracks you can fall through.
For some reason they didn't think about the shape of the back rests so that they would perfectly fit in there.

My mother in law slept in the main sofa bed and she said it was not bad. Ours is a regular couch.

I know it's a PITA with some of the little things that aren't perfect. The way we look at it is that for a starter Class A and for the money it's pretty nice.

We added a thick memory foam pad to the master bed and I swear it's more comfortable than our $4k home mattress. I think that if someone was to use the dinette or sofa bed on a regular basis that we would also add some memory foam.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #18

Quote:
For some reason they didn't think about the shape of the back rests so that they would perfectly fit in there.

My mother in law slept in the main sofa bed and she said it was not bad. Ours is a regular couch.

I know it's a PITA with some of the little things that aren't perfect. The way we look at it is that for a starter Class A and for the money it's pretty nice.

We added a thick memory foam pad to the master bed and I swear it's more comfortable than our $4k home mattress. I think that if someone was to use the dinette or sofa bed on a regular basis that we would also add some memory foam.

We like our bed, which surprised us. We'll work something out on the other issues. Been living in my couch for 3 months and came up with a pretty good list of warranty items. Nothing major. We're pretty happy with our coach overall. Get what ya pay for.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #19

Quote:

Looking at the size of that dinette sleeping area I hope the kids are not that tall. Seems pretty small and I doubt if an adult would fit.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #20

Bigger than it looks. Maybe 6'. Great for grandkids.

Tags
bed