Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
Looking at the size of that dinette sleeping area I hope the kids are not that tall. Seems pretty small and I doubt if an adult would fit.
Not sure if it's standard, but all of our other RVs had the same size dinette bed. Is your bigger? I think it's good enough in case the kids bring a couple extra friends. I would definitely not fit in it unless it was in the fetal position.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #22

We have used our many times, the cushions do work but you need to really need push them down. We bought the egg crate foam to make it softer, the grandchildren never complained.
We put the seat cushions in the middle and the back ones on the ends. Seems towork for us. Good luck!!!!
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #23

U Shaped Dinette

If you have or are going to buy a rig with a U shaped dinette make sure you test the fitment of the fill piece. We have a 2013 337 DS and went to use the dinette for a bed and the fill piece is 2 inches too long. They should have installed the dinette with the fill piece in place but I suppose that is too hard too do.

Back to the dealer!
nicholsonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
Guess I spoke to soon. They replied that I had to use the seat back cushions. That doesn't work. I ain't happy!
Guess I spoke too soon as well. I called dealer to check and see if all the parts were in for one more trip for repairs and was told they were except for the cushion for dinette. FR said that is not available.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Guess I spoke too soon as well. I called dealer to check and see if all the parts were in for one more trip for repairs and was told they were except for the cushion for dinette. FR said that is not available.

Got a surprise email this morning from Kathy Wing at FR. She is going to send me a filler cushion for my dinette bed. I had given up on them to soon.
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #26

We have always used the dinette with the back cushions placed like the above pictures. I have had kids and some of the ladies in our family sleep there with no major complaints. As to the sofabed, it's not great but I had a mattress store make a topper for it and that helped it a bunch. I fold it and store it under the couch. The main bed mattress was replaced within a week of buying our rig. Same mattress store made us a new one with multi-layers and a topper that rivals our home mattress. RVs have an option list but that doesn't mean one size fits all - customizing and making it fit your needs is part of the fun.
Chasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #27

In my opinion, using the seat backs is totally unacceptable. Guess FR agreed because I got a new rectangular cushion delivered today.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #28

The prime rule for Motorhomes still stands!

Six for drinks
Four for dinner
Two for sleeping
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
The prime rule for Motorhomes still stands!

Six for drinks
Four for dinner
Two for sleeping

Tell that to my Grandkids! Lol
Old 09-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #30

Turns out FR sent me a new cushion that fits the dinette bed perfectly! Kudos for FR.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
Turns out FR sent me a new cushion that fits the dinette bed perfectly! Kudos for FR.

Thanks for the update. I will try my request again.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #32

We have had to squeeze the seat backs in on our dinette. on the sofa sleeper we put a 2" memory foam topper on it, huge improvement, it is where our son prefers to sleep. We put in a new memory foam mattress on our bed and it is great.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcampr View Post
We have had to squeeze the seat backs in on our dinette. on the sofa sleeper we put a 2" memory foam topper on it, huge improvement, it is where our son prefers to sleep. We put in a new memory foam mattress on our bed and it is great.

That's exactly what we're going to do. Don't know how anyone can sleep on the sofa sleeper without it. I tried one nite. Poor excuse for a bed. Only problem is, I have to store the memory foam mattress somewhere!

Old 09-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #34

They told me the same BS. Luckily, everyone at my dealer agreed with me that it was BS as well, as they had all seen the cushions and wrestled with them for hours trying to make them work. My repair guy at the dealer took some pictures and sent it to FR and supposedly they said they will fix it. I say "supposedly" because what happened was FR sent in a wrong cushion afterwards. So my dealer outsourced it to their local leather person and they made me a new cushion that fits perfectly. I don't know if the dealer ate the cost or FR paid for it, but either way I did not and neither should you specially if you are still under warranty.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #35

Oops. I guess it helps if I realize there are 4 pages to the thread and read them all before replying. My reply was to the last entry on the first page, not realizing there were 3 more pages of post. Sorry.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #36

Interesting, My 2014 352XL Came with an extra cushion just for converting the Dinette into a bed. it is the exact size of the table top and fits perfectly between the seat cushions.
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #37

That is interesting. I'd say either you got lucky, or FR now includes the cushion as they should have all along.

I always figured it was a corporate decision like Ford had made in the case of the Pinto. FR figured not too many people use their dinette as a bed, and of the few that do not too many people will complain, and of the few that complain not too many will follow through. So in the long run FR figured it will save a lot of money by not including the cushion, and by just giving a cushion to those few complainers. But, maybe enough people complained that now they have decided to include the cushion.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #38

I would say they include them with the coaches. all the Georgetowns with dinettes I looked at, at LazyDays has the center dinette cushion included.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #39

Not sure if it matters, but I was watching this video today, because I was bored.....and they put the seat cushions in the center of the dinette bed, and used the back cushions for the head and foot of the bed.

Again, not sure it makes a difference, but that might make the cushions fit a little better.

Class A Motorhome - YouTube
Old 09-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #40

And what was wrong with the Pinto?? Owned 6 of them over 15 years, Drove them into the ground, They just kept going, easy to maintain and great on gas, Thinking about getting another one to restore so i have something to do in my spare time.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed