Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 09:04 PM   #1

directv

I wonder if anyone has a good way of connecting an external satellite antenna for when the rig is parked? It seems that when I connect the antenna to the rv, the antenna signal will not go thru the coax connection to hook up the satellite receiver inside the coach cleanly and out of the way. Instead of having a cable to the receiver dangling in the way of everything?
tonytiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #2

Not sure what model you have but we have a 351DS and just run it in to the rear and through the cable connection. Easy Peasy
Old 02-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #3

Directv

I have the georgetown 350TS and I connected to the one in the side bay next to the entrance and nothing.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #4

Need to run thru rear compartment that's cable in, the one next to the steps is for watching cable outside. I have a 2012 378 XL thats how mine is wired.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #5

I recently ditched Direct TV. Seems like every rv park has cable and wifi free these days. And at home my local cable company is cheaper and very flexible when I leave. No service charge when I leave or return and no limit on how long I'm away. With Direct TV it was always nick, nick, nick. Of course they suddenly offered me a lower rate when I cancelled. And now they call or send emails weekly begging me to return. A few years ago I dropped FIOS because their terms were so inflexible. And now Verizon is selling everything except cell phone service to Frontier in Florida, Texas and one other state. My next door neighbor is grabbing his retirement and quitting Verizon before Frontier takes over.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #6

Directv

Big Ben have you connected the satellite antenna thru the rear connection and had it work ok? Forest River tells me the satellite antenna will not connect since it has a splitter. Let me know Thanks, TonyTiza
Old 02-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Not sure what model you have but we have a 351DS and just run it in to the rear and through the cable connection. Easy Peasy
X2

But on our 2012 360 there is A LOT more to do!

Set A/B switch to Cable TV
Reprogram TV's (X3), Input Configuration set to cable and other Toshiba specific options
Search for channel 3

Setting the MH up for cable is even MORE INVOLVED!

We do it almost every time we move.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #8

tonytiza - I have connected it and had work very well. Fact is I am watching Pelican Brief right now.

There is a goofy problem though and not totally sure how to cure it. I have 5 tv's in my 351. I each in the bunkbeds, 1 in the living room, 1 in the bedroom and 1 outside. Here is the goofy part. When connected to cable or satellite via any connection my picture in the living room and bedroom is degraded - read poor quality. Yet the over the air antenna on the room works GREAT. Spent hours with techs trouble shooting the issue but never have run the problem to ground. So I bought wireless hdmi adapters for the living room and bedroom.

But the connection in the back works great.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #9

Which hdmi wireless do you have? I installed a straight RG6 cable down my dash on the passenger side straight to my sat box and it works excellent and this way i dont mess with the rear cable in. Now all i need to do is wirelessly get the HDMI input on my rear tv. I have to watch the same sat channel on both tv's. Which i dont mind. Thanks.