Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #1

Dirt Devil Central Vac

Considering purchasing the dirt devil central vacuum system for our 364. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Is it worth it as opposed to just having a compact vacuum stored in the basement or under the master bed?
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
Considering purchasing the dirt devil central vacuum system for our 364. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Is it worth it as opposed to just having a compact vacuum stored in the basement or under the master bed?
I installed one a a few years ago in my Georgetown 378TS.
If you have kids or camp in the woods or beach it is a convenience.
Not much to install is you mount in one of the outer compartments near power and access to install hose outlet close by.

Here is a few pictures of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod Picture 001.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	105212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod Picture 026.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	105213  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #3

We installed the Dirt Devil, too. It's soooo handy and does a terrific job. Here some pics we posted. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-78734-12.html
Old 04-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #4

I installed one in our 5th wheel not long after we got it. It works very well. Probably as good, if not better, than most compact vacuums. Ours came with a mesh bag that holds the hose and all the attachments and we store that in the cabinet under the sink. Considering you have to store the hose and attachments, it doesn't save a whole lot of space compared to a compact vacuum but it is much more convenient provided you store the attachments bag in the coach. The hose that is provided is pretty long but can be a little difficult to manage when it's fully extended so I would recommend installing the unit at a mid point area of your coach if possible. You'll wrestle less with the hose plus you'll make sure you can reach all areas.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #5

Quote:
I just got the Dirt Devil Vroom edition with retractable hose, so no storage needed. They are hard to find in a kit, the only place I found was at RVUpgrades, amazing price too!

Don't buy the tool set, it comes with it even though it is not shown. I'm installing this weekend so can't review yet.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:39 AM   #6

We had it installed last year, and wife loves it. It covers all 40 feet of coach, and picks up well. Good luck!
RLHAMILTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #7

I have had it in my amazon cart for a while now ...I want to pull the trigger too. Right now it is over $300 but I have seen it in the $250-$275 range.
trs80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #8
Always Learning

I installed one in my fifth wheel. Pretty easy install- need to be able to screw it down + get access to the canister to empty the bags. Then it's the hose + a lightweight connector to somewhere inside to plug it in at.

It's not a great vacuum but it's very convenient. We hang the hard hoses in the bathroom with our Swiffer and broom. And I bought a vacuum hose holder from IKEA and hung that inside of a cabinet.

We have friends who have one and then later bought a Dyson. The Dyson outcleaned the central vac by a lot. BUT, theirs is bulky and lives in their living room.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:57 PM   #9

I installed one in our Flagstaff 26RLWS TT and we loved it. So much so that I pulled it out when I traded the rig for our Pursuit and have it sitting in my shop waiting for me to get a chance to install it in the new MH. Seriously looking at the Vroom accessory - not having a hose to stow somewhere looks like a big plus.

2016 Coachmen Pursuit 31BD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Toad
Nights camped in 2019: 76
pashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Dyson Dyson by far is the best. We had a red devil in our Avion FW. When we bought our Dynamax FW it come with a Dyson battery operated. It had a lot more power and I started vacuuming myself LOL
It takes a lot saler place then the hose and it's very handy. Never need the bag to replace.
It's your choice
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:54 PM   #11

I bought an Electrolux stick vacuum with lithium ion battery...normally 150 was deal of the day for 80 bucks. Does a great job and is super light weight, easy to manuever and store. The vacuum part comes off and it's basically like a dirt devil when you detach it from the stick.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLud View Post
I bought an Electrolux stick vacuum with lithium ion battery...normally 150 was deal of the day for 80 bucks. Does a great job and is super light weight, easy to manuever and store. The vacuum part comes off and it's basically like a dirt devil when you detach it from the stick.
I guess we all have a different view how it pics up dirt. Dyson is lot more thought.
ervinglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:39 PM   #13

Go with a portable. Although our central has a lot of suction it has no power head and the hose is bulky and heavy. The only part of it we use is the toe kick pick-up. We bought a $35 bagless at Walmart and love it.
Jordyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:18 PM   #14

Just installed my Dirt Devil Vroom edition and love it. Would never go back to stick vacuum.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #15

ran a tee off the vac hose fittings so i had a connection to the outside to vac the car and mats
gronotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #16

Dirt devil

My husband installed ours in our Georgetown 328 under the seat of our dinette. Love it!!! It's in the center of coach with makes it easy to use in both ends of the coach. We still have storage as he built a box around it. There is a plug under dinette with makes it easy too. We have two collies alot of dog hair. Does a great job picking up hair. We bought ours from Amazon. Good luck!
Donamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #17
Citrus County, Fl.

X2 on the battery powered Dyson. It stores and charges in one of the compartments and is fantastic at picking up the fur from our 3 Shelties.

Bryan Clemmons from Dynamax tested one in his home for a year before selecting it and there is a video somewhere showing how well it out performs the Dirt Devil.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Check the Dirt Devil-Dyson comparison I did while at Class C division.

https://www.facebook.com/ForestRiverClassC/videos

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #19
WhoDoMan

It's the best. It gets everything up. Our has a power head for the carpets. Go for it!
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote