Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #21

Some mfg do have some problems yes. Fr problems new rig started at 200 mi
hyd pump went out
next hose bubles & leak frt slide
next hose bubles & leak Rear slide
next water heater sliding out at panel had to gorilla tape it to keep from coming out
next dash collapse on driver side. repaired but not corrected 2k miles later same problem. (could be dealer problem fix but originated w/FR brace was left out at factory. is now in shop for second repair on dash. also hydraulic leak
Kitchen counter at sink coming away from wall. Also a few more problems. This is far more than some. Have had several rv and not as many problems.
loryray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #22

Maybe system pressure too high?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #23

I don't believe the pressure is adjustable.. I think that the hoses supplied by lippart are of poor quality.... Or assembled incorrectly...
Old 10-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #24

Well I give credit were credit is due...

This AM I get an e mail from FR..Mr Kevin Stratton.. He apologized for the problem and stated he would send me a replacement hose ASAP to any address I need to help me get on my way.. I informed him that I had already purchased a replacement Hose... And he responded that if I send him the ruptured hose he would reimbursing me for the replacement hose and the 2qts of ATF...

He was willing to go the extra mile.. From expediting the shipping of a replacement hose.. To help me get to where I was going...To immediately offer to reimburse me for the hose I had replaced....

Just when I was losing faith..I once again am reminded why I continue to buy FR products...
Old 10-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #25

Whaa?

As a somewhat new owner of an FR product since late 2013 and a FR Forum I am amazed by the attitude of both my dealer, Forest River and fellow Forum members. We went to Goshen this years and great service for some minor self induced, (mainly) problems - hurray. But after that, the experience with everyone else, I amazed by what I see about the almost blind acceptance of the medieval system that seems to pervade this industry! If I have a problem with my current truck, suv, car or other auto product, it goes back to the dealer, not back to the carburetor mfg or whatever. If I have problems with an appliance, it goes back to Sunbeam etc. Why are people so accepting of Lippert being responsible rather than FR?

Profit margin the problem? Or something deeper?

I am still trying to figure this out. Still love my 5'er
L'il Red Wagon 6.5 bed
bobby75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby75 View Post
As a somewhat new owner of an FR product since late 2013 and a FR Forum I am amazed by the attitude of both my dealer, Forest River and fellow Forum members. We went to Goshen this years and great service for some minor self induced, (mainly) problems - hurray. But after that, the experience with everyone else, I amazed by what I see about the almost blind acceptance of the medieval system that seems to pervade this industry! If I have a problem with my current truck, suv, car or other auto product, it goes back to the dealer, not back to the carburetor mfg or whatever. If I have problems with an appliance, it goes back to Sunbeam etc. Why are people so accepting of Lippert being responsible rather than FR?

Profit margin the problem? Or something deeper?

I am still trying to figure this out. Still love my 5'er
This is not only an accepted practice at Forest River. It is an industry wide standard through out the RV Industry.

With a towable you are in a better comfort zone than those who own diesel pushers. With a DP you have to hold each component manufacture accountable. Such as when we had our National RV Pacifica DP. The warranties varied in time duration and mileage by supplier. Such as Freightliner made the chassis, CAT was the engine manufacture, Allison for the transmission and then so on. The easiest to keep track of was the actual name on the motorhome, that being National RV. It was simple from that aspect, because they were bankrupt when we purchased the coach new. And to be honest other than the body the rest in industry component supplied.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #27

orange hoses

speedjester.i talked to you about a month about my problem with orange hoses and redone them at rv dealer hear in Oregon, why would I go with there hoses, they are not the right hoses for your rig, I went with gates hoses 4000 psi and had have rv out for 4 times since and had no problems, so if you have a bad hose witch one is next. Wow this is a problem. Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #28

Problems with hoses and hydraulics in general are the reasons I went with the all electric automatic leveling landing gear.
Brian41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian41 View Post
Problems with hoses and hydraulics in general are the reasons I went with the all electric automatic leveling landing gear.
Your electric system will work on a 5th wheel, but not on a MH. Still that doesn't make it fool proof they all have there problems. One guy on the forum is having 2 motors replaced due to water entering them some how. I couldn't imagine how you would pull the landing legs pins if it was on a motor home. Besides a MH weight alone would require hydraulics. There is maintenance to everything. Out of curiosity what is the motor rated for? MH rams are 8000 lbs per jack. With that said Lippert could be using gate hose's and fittings that is where the problem lye's not the hydraulics.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river