Old 10-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #1

Disappointed.. Lippert and Forest River.... Another set of bad hoses...

Well a few weeks ago..I posted how forest river had lippart send me some new hoses to replace the ones that had blistered... I expressed my concern about the replacement orange hoses but was assured that the new hoses do not have any issue... I replaced them myself... Well today less than 3 weeks after I replaced them ...First outing almost 1200 miles from home I notice that one of the new hoses has a huge blister the size of a ping pong ball right next to fitting by the manifold.( haven't checked the full extent because of weather.... So now I'm back at stage one1200 miles from home and out the hrs I spent on my back under the the rig...

I know it's lipparts issue..But I would like to believe that Forest River would have made sure that this problem was rectified before they had Lippart send me new hoses...I have alway purchased Forest River products... But my confidence in them is slowly disappearing....

Old 10-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #2

hoses for what?

davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
hoses for what?
The Georgetown motorhomes used hydraulics for levelers as well as some have them for the slides.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #4

Leveling hoses.....on the plus side.. Right now it looks like its just that one hoses... (haven't seen whats over the frame) On the bad side..It's the one that snakes all the way to the left rear jack... Up and over the gas tank...
Old 10-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #5

Am on my fifth (5) trip to dealers for hydraulic leaks on Lippert sytem. Why does FR insist on using LIPPERT they obviously are JUNK> Always a problem.Hve not had a clear trip since owning the coach (25+k miles) SHAME ON FOREST RIVER. Will not ever own another FR product w/Lippert hyd.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #6

Sounds more like a problem with a hose supplier than Lippert I have had no Issues with my slides on mine. Also could be wrong type oil in system bad hose crimps loose or wrong type fitting for hose causing oil to get in between the jackets or layers of hose causing the blister.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #7

I believe lippart makes there own hoses.. Since the packaging receipts states 40ft of hose , 8 fitting and 8 O-rings) ( never got O rings)
Old 10-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #8

They possibly do but they still would have to buy the hose and fittings from a hydraulic supplier we used to make our own hydraulic hoses were I worked but it was a problem if you assembled them wrong. So the company ended up buying them from a Hydraulic supplier who made custom hoses turned out cheaper for us than making our own.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #9

The orange hose problem is no different than the china bomb tire problem factories use the cheapest part they can find. The only true fix to this issue is to find a shop that makes hydraulic hose and ask for sae 100r2 rated hose and get rid of the orange junk hoses
Old 10-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #10

I also assume the hose isn't in a "bind" at the fitting. ALL hydraulic hoses have a minimum bend radius. If it is bent at the fitting...or anywhere for that matter....maybe the hose is under-rated for the operating pressure. If the hose is all appropriate..no tight bends, but isn't factory made. I would then suspect the "building" of the hose. There is a pretty good safety factor in the operating to minimum burst rating on hoses.

I assume these are non-conductive hoses(no metal) so they are not expensive. If you get tired of dealing with it...get a genuine hydraulic shop to build some. I suggest Parker, Weatherhead or Gates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river