Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Dish Network HDTV

We have a 2011 378TS that has a Winegard Traveler SK1000 automatic multi-satellite dish which is HD ready and picks up all three satellites. We want to add HD progamming but found out the only way to get the HD signal from the receiver to the TV is with an HDMI cable. Does anyone know how I can run an HDMI cable from the reciever which is in the middle cabinette above the dash to the TV which is in the curbside slide above the fireplace? Dish Network won't do it. They state that they don't do custom installations and only provide a 3 ft. HDMI cable with the receiver.

Don & Carol Niemeyer and Sandy
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master Diesel Pusher
2011 Chevy Equinox Toad
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
I would recommend an audio/ video installer. If you live near a major body of water, a marine electronics person or an automotive AV tech may be of help. I was in the marine electronics industry prior to HDMI coming out, but was in the home theater business when HDMI became the standard for HDTV. I recall a max distance for an HDMI cable of 16 feet. Anything over that might not work correctly due to loss in the cable. I am not familiar with your rig, but if you have a cable run between your receiver and the TV, try to gently tug on it. Does it move freely? If so, go by your big TV store and buy the length HDMI cable you need (cheapest one, the expensive gold ones do the same thing the cheaper one do). Get a strong piece of string, tape it real good to the cable that is already run and pull the string through the path. Now take the old cable and the new HDMI cable, tape them real good to the string and pull it through (may take some tugs). I would highly suggest good electrical tape be used, such as 3M 33+. If there are other wires in the path and they present resistance, you might try putting some dish soap (sparingly) on the cable you are going to pull. Just keep in mind, if your tape slips you will have to clean the dish soap off. The tape will not stick where the soap is. Hope this helps.
Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote