Old 04-12-2016, 07:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I don't believe the chassis has changed much but here's a pic of a 2016. Pretty straight forward. The shocks may help a little with sway but I'd put large sway bars on front and rear for a sway issue.
Granted, I don't have motor home but this is a typical suspension issue and resolution and would be my method to control the sway.

Hammer 55. Your hemorrhoids would flare up.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:26 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

While better shocks may help control sway, it won't be negated and the effect will be minimal compared to larger sway bars and/or track bars. I'm not sure the cost of Koni shocks would be warranted for the effect, compared to the Bilsteins that I have on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 04-12-2016, 07:29 AM   #13

Shock absorbers push down, not up. That's what keeps the rubber to the road.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:33 AM   #14

sure better everything would be great, or better everything when being built would have made it to where there would have been no complaints, then what would we have to talk about, we would be happily camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
While better shocks may help control sway, it won't be negated and the effect will be minimal compared to larger sway bars and/or track bars. I'm not sure the cost of Koni shocks would be warranted for the effect, compared to the Bilsteins that I have on now.

hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This is true. I do know that I'm going to add a rear track bar, then possibly a rear sway bar next, then move to the front sway, and if I feel the need go to some sort of steering stabilizer.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
OleCoot you have done it again.
Didn't know you know about Georgetown motorhomes suspension, weight, sway bars, leaf springs. Do you know how much his Georgetown weighs? This is not a little trailer like you have.

Instead of attacking my opinion which I wrote why don't you help the guy answer his question instead of attacking my comments.
BYE
Not attacking your opinion, just a slight correction. Suspensions have common items and they all work in conjunction with each other. One thing they all have in common is shocks which are used strictly to control the rebound of the springs. Sway bars are used to tie the two sides together and make use of both springs and shocks together to resist sway. The shocks control rebound.

As for replacing the shocks with solid bars, yes that would stop the sway caused by the suspension, but it would then be the tire pressure or lack thereof inducing sway.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #17

[QUOTE=AquaMan;1161671]This is true. I do know that I'm going to add a rear track bar, then possibly a rear sway bar next, then move to the front sway, and if I feel the need go to some sort of steering stabilizer.

I'm thinking that with just a couple more items you should be able to get out of that drivers seat and go back to the fridge for a cool one while tooling down the interstate at 70 mph. Couldn't resist.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post

I'm thinking that with just a couple more items you should be able to get out of that drivers seat and go back to the fridge for a cool one while tooling down the interstate at 70 mph. Couldn't resist.

That's what I'm going for! 😀

Old 04-12-2016, 09:25 AM   #19

I installed koni fsd front and rear. A much more comfortable ride. Also installed rear trac bar, rear sway bar, and safe t plus. Glad I spend the money.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #20

I installed a rear track bar 2 seasons ago and it was the best thing I have done.